HAIR + HUMIDITY HELP PLEASE!!!

imanatural

Hey guys!

Long time lurker first time poster here!

So.. I'm originally from SoCal where its dry and I'm familiar with how to handle my hair with the weather here. BUT.. im going to Texas (San Antonio to be exact) in a week and I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies could give me some tips to handle the inevitable humidity and keep me from lookin' like buckwheat from the little rascals!! lol PLEASE! :spinning:

I plan on wearing curly/ natural as well as straight styles straightened with my maxiglide (YES i still use a maxiglide!! i love it! lol)

Any sugs appreciated. THANKS!

a lot of people recommend sabino moisture block, or similar products to prevent hair from swelling in the humidity.

bumping for ya!

Hey guys!

Long time lurker first time poster here!

So.. I'm originally from SoCal where its dry and I'm familiar with how to handle my hair with the weather here. BUT.. im going to Texas (San Antonio to be exact) in a week and I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies could give me some tips to handle the inevitable humidity and keep me from lookin' like buckwheat from the little rascals!! lol PLEASE! :spinning:

I plan on wearing curly/ natural as well as straight styles straightened with my maxiglide (YES i still use a maxiglide!! i love it! lol)

Any sugs appreciated. THANKS!

Aint no shame in that I LOVE MAXI!!!

I'd suggest using a serum and oils to keep your hair from getting puffified. I use coconut oil with my maxi and will put a serum on after it's all done and usually that's enough for humid ny days.

I suggest you check out the "what humidity spray do you use" thread. It has really good tips with blocking humidity.But stick to natural sets...Its a hassle straightening in the summer

Thanks everyone!

@africanqueen thanks.. i was "smart" and searched for it AFTER i posted lol

@whimsy i just tell my friends who dnt like it "your just not doing it right!" nice to get some MAXI love!!:yep:

@200 thanks so much!

@augie i completely agree w/ you..but im curious. unfortunately im hardheaded and always have to figure it out the hard way. maybe ill send you some i told you so pics :lachen:

Back