HAIR HELP

My hair can get limp if I'm not careful. Here's some tips I can suggest to help you hopefully:

1. Don't overload the hair with oils/greases/pomades in between washes. That itself will weigh the hair down and make it clump together and feel limp.

2. Use a clarifying shampoo once a month to remove product residue/build up and 'start again' with your shampoos and conditioners. This alone makes your conditioners work 10x better too (at least in my experience it does). I love L'anza Deep Cleansing shampoo as its ph balanced and removes everything without stripping the hair.

3. Have you considered a volumizing leave in? I love Nexxus Headdress Leave In. I use it once in a while and it makes the hair look much fuller which can be nice if you have fine hair.

4. When you shampoo, do it twice before then using your conditioner. Make sure you leave the shampoo on the hair for a good 1 minute to let it really 'work'

LMK if these help at all. Maybe you could let us know what your regime is currently too to help further, also list the products?

My hair begins to look limp and not like it did when I first washed abut 3 days after a wash and set. And I follow most of the rules BRH mentioned above in some form or fashion. If you do all of these things and you don't see some relief bear in mind that some people's hair just needs to be washed more often. I wash mine once every three to four days.

Also, be careful with products that volumize. I'm not speaking specifically to the Headress, because I never used that product - but most volumizing products contain ingredients that raise the cuticle so each hair sits as far away from the other strands as possible (which makes the hair appear thicker) and this kind of action by a product is not a good idea. Our hair (especially if it's relaxed) looks and feels it's best when the cuticle lays flat. It stays healthier too. When the cuticle is opened you expose the cortex of the hair to any styling and/or environmental assaults. Over time this can damage the hair.

HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I agree with what Tracy said...some of us just need to wash our hair more often. Plus it is better for your hair in the long run.
Very interesting about the volumizing products Tracy. I never knew they did that. Not that I am interested in trying any b/c my hair is large and poofy enough as it is but thanks for posting that info.
Valleygirl

Tracy,

I never knew that about volumizing products. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I'm going to stay away from them now. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks everybody for ur advice cuz i'm kinda new at this. i dont really know what the heck i'm getting myself into.

I say if your hair falls flat after a week, that should dictate how often you wash your hair. I would assume that would mean that your hair is full of products and requires cleansing to wash away ONLY the surface dirt and oil.

I notice with my hair, I experience more hair loss the longer I wait for my wash and sets, so I use this to dictate how often I wash my hair. What my hair asks for is what I give it.

Back