HAIR HELP AND SURGERY UPDATE

l0vethyself

Hello guys! This is my first thread. Like many others, i was a stalker for years before I joined and still been a member for almost a year until I did my own thread.

Ok, so my hair is variable as far as texture, some days it resembles a 3a/4a/4b. And sometimes just a 4a. I started transitioning last summer and finally BC'd in November. My hair varies in length also, I measured my hair from the root to end in my crown and got 4 inches. When I pull my hair from the edges, I get to nape.

My hair is so dry. I co-wash weekly and poo bi monthly. I use biolage and carols daughter rosemary and sea moss poo. I co-wash with green apple suave. I deep condition whether I poo or co-wash with biolage hydration con, Paul Mitchell daily hydration, and profective healthy hair con(yellow bottle). I then put in biolage hair silk, leave in con (CD or glycerin based stuff) and I put about 20 braids around my head, and throw on one of my homemade wigs. :grin:

By the time the day is over, my hair is extremely dry and crunchy. I put EVOO on my hair daily and it still just sucks it right up and remains dry. Also, when I take down the braids to poo or co-wash, the ends are natted and tangled. Every single time. :wallbash: What am I doing wrong? My goal is collar bone length hair by my anniversary in November, it isn't looking so good. :nono:

Also, ladies, I had a breast reduction yesterday morning and I am so psyched. It went very well and now I'm in recovery for the next two weeks. I also take a multi-vitamin twice daily and a vitamin c supplement twice daily. I could use all the help I can get.

Last edited:
Try to clalify w/ shampoo & deep conditioned w/ a moisturizing conditioner. After use something to close the cuticle such acv or roux posority control (i love this stuff). If airdrying put a leave-in then seal w/ an oil like jojoba oil (coconut oil can make the hair hard on some people) put the hair in braids & let it dry. If blowdrying put a light leave-in & heat protector & blow dry & after put another leave-in (something thicker) & seal. Hth

Oh wow well I wish you happy recovery!

As far as the dry hair. I dunno, I never really had any problems with dry hair before. If I felt my ends kinda crispy I just deep conditioned or did an ACV rinse and that would cure it. But I did just buy some Roux Porosity Control (the PJ in me did). Its suppose to balance out your hairs Ph levels and make it more moisturized. I have not used it yet, but from what I heard from online reviews and on here it’s the bomb. Maybe research that and see if it can help?

Bump for ya as well!

@ms.blue

Thank you. Ok so with the ACV do I dilute that in a spray bottle and spray on? Or do I rinse it?

@boingboing thanks for the bump

Last edited:
Oh wow well I wish you happy recovery!

As far as the dry hair. I dunno, I never really had any problems with dry hair before. If I felt my ends kinda crispy I just deep conditioned or did an ACV rinse and that would cure it. But I did just buy some Roux Porosity Control (the PJ in me did). Its suppose to balance out your hairs Ph levels and make it more moisturized. I have not used it yet, but from what I heard from online reviews and on here it’s the bomb. Maybe research that and see if it can help?

Bump for ya as well!
Thank you! Ok, how do you do your ACV rinses? Also, where do i get the Roux Porosity?

Thank you! Ok, how do you do your ACV rinses? Also, where do i get the Roux Porosity?

I put my ACV in a applicator bottle. Like 1/4 ACV and 3/4 water. I squirt it on my scalp and hair let sit for like 5 mins then rinse it out.

The Roux PC (conditioner) I bought it at my local Beauty Supply Store. And of course they carry it at Sally's Beauty Supply if that is near where you live.

I put my ACV in a applicator bottle. Like 1/4 ACV and 3/4 water. I squirt it on my scalp and hair let sit for like 5 mins then rinse it out.

The Roux PC (conditioner) I bought it at my local Beauty Supply Store. And of course they carry it at Sally's Beauty Supply if that is near where you live.
Ok, thank you...im g0ing t0 d0 s0me research 0n that. If y0u remember, let me kn0w h0w it w0rks f0r y0u 0nce y0u try it 0ut.

@ms.blue

Thank you. Ok so with the ACV do I dilute that in a spray bottle and spray on? Or do I rinse it?

@boingboing thanks for the bump

when I did you use it I would dilute about 1:4 ratio in a squirt bottle & use it as a rinse after I would rinse that off w/ cold water. I stopped using acv b/c I hate the smell of vinegar so now I use roux porosity control instead. Change of subject, I hope your recovery goes well. I meant to put that as my original post.

when I did you use it I would dilute about 1:4 ratio in a squirt bottle & use it as a rinse after I would rinse that off w/ cold water. I stopped using acv b/c I hate the smell of vinegar so now I use roux porosity control instead. Change of subject, I hope your recovery goes well. I meant to put that as my original post.
Ok, I have some ACV. I will see if that works and meanwhile will research the roux porosity control...how did that work for you?

Thank you. I actually had it yesterday, It went very well. I went from a H to a Full C/D. I am very happy and can't wait to see them. I will keep everybody posted and probably put up some before and after pictures. Keep my in your prayers, please. :D

Ok, I have some ACV. I will see if that works and meanwhile will research the roux porosity control...how did that work for you?

Thank you. I actually had it yesterday, It went very well. I went from a H to a Full C/D. I am very happy and can't wait to see them. I will keep everybody posted and probably put up some before and after pictures. Keep my in your prayers, please. :D

I actually like the porosity control better b/c I can feel it working as I'm putting on my hair. I know there are threads about acv rinses & roux porosity control.....wow I'm guessing that you had this surgery b/c of your back. I'm glad that everything went well for you.

I actually like the porosity control better b/c I can feel it working as I'm putting on my hair. I know there are threads about acv rinses & roux porosity control.....wow I'm guessing that you had this surgery b/c of your back. I'm glad that everything went well for you.
Yes, I am 0nly 19. I was a DD in the ninth grade. I went t0 the d0ct0r and started t0 have curvature 0f the spine. My d0ct0r t0ld me that I w0uld develop a hump in my back later in my life if they kept gr0wing. By Seni0r year, I was an H. Now I am a sophomore in college. Exercising was miserable and I was in the marching band, with tw0 a day practices. My insurance c0vered everything. Yayyyy!

Yes, I am 0nly 19. I was a DD in the ninth grade. I went t0 the d0ct0r and started t0 have curvature 0f the spine. My d0ct0r t0ld me that I w0uld develop a hump in my back later in my life if they kept gr0wing. By Seni0r year, I was an H. Now I am a sophomore in college. Exercising was miserable and I was in the marching band, with tw0 a day practices. My insurance c0vered everything. Yayyyy!

Wow. I developed early but the most I went up to a C to maybe a small D, then I went on birth control which cause me to go from a 36D to a 44DDD in like two months! I always wanted a big chest but not that big. I already had back issues so I had to stop taking birth control & I went down to a 36DDD but luckily on my frame it doesn't look huge on me.

Wow. I developed early but the most I went up to a C to maybe a small D, then I went on birth control which cause me to go from a 36D to a 44DDD in like two months! I always wanted a big chest but not that big. I already had back issues so I had to stop taking birth control & I went down to a 36DDD but luckily on my frame it doesn't look huge on me.
That wasn't my case...l0l I am 5'10 with n0 butt 0r anything..just had watermel0ns! l0l n0w i am much m0re pr0p0rti0ned! im really pleased thus far.

Back