Hair-hating friend

honeycomb719

I'm not gone bore yall w/ the complete details of my hair-hater of a friend. But, she has been withholding a hair secret that she says has helped her hair grow tremendously. I have 4 friends that I think of as sisters more than friends because we have known each other for 20years, and all of them know how I have struggled w/ my hair growing for a looooong time. Any way, I was over one of my friends house yesterday and she asked me if I had heard any talk about people(yall, my hair buddies) using Seabreeze a skin and scalp astringent to cleanse the scalp. She asked because my other friend thats the (hair-hater) does hair and her hair is thick long and beautiful. The one that does hair was doing my other friend hair last weekend and she said she used something on her scalp because it was itching bad after she washed it and it felt soooo good on her scalp and made it tingle. But, at the time when she asked what she was using she wouldn't tell her. Anyway, she got it out of her that it was Seabreeze and told her not to tell anyone
mad.gif
. Yall know I was sooo mad. I haven't called her and asked why she keep this to herself knowing it my be benefical on my hair growth journay. Do any of you have friends that are like this? But, to make it so bad when my other friend told me about the seabreeze, it was nothing new because when I was going to Mr. John's Hair Clinic they used it all the time, but I didn't know for what reason and wasn't sure that's what it was until I stopped going. Has anyone ever used this as an scalp cleanser and had positive results?

I haven't ever used this but I had a question...when people are using Seabreeze to cleanse their scalp, how often are they washing the rest of their hair? Isn't it Mr. John (if I am confusing people, someone please correct me) that thinks moisture on AA hair is a no-no? So would this be the only means to keep the scalp clean since frequent washing is out of the question?
I wouldn't be so sure to think that its the Seabreeze by itself, or just having a clean scalp, which can be achieved w/ frequent washing....

just curious
look.gif
confused.gif

Yes your thinking about the same Mr. John. She washes her hair bi-weekly and use the seabreeze as a scalp stimulant for the hair follicles and stop the itches.

Hmmmm, I'd be skeptical of this if I were you Honeycomb. Astringents have alcohol, and I can't imagine that anything with as much alcohol as astringents could do anything for the hair except strip it of every ounce of moisture. I have Oil of Olay Refreshing Toner, a pretty mild astringent, and alcohol is the second ingredient. I'd be really careful about trying this if I were you. I could be wrong, but better safe than sorry. Just my .02.

Back