Hair Growth

Lindy

OK; this may sound REALLY weird, but I was reading an article on another website about hair growth, and how everyone's hair has a different "time cycle" of growth (how long each strand of hair "lives" before it is shed, and I just realized something! Nobody really ever has hair that is "all one length" because certain hairs on our head are constantly being shed and new ones grow in their place, and those new hairs are going to be short, and they will take years to catch up with the rest of the hair...

So, in actuality there's no such thing as your hair being all one length, right??

Are you all thinking, "DUH!!!????" I know, but it helps to realize this sometimes when you look at your hair and you notice short hairs sticking out in different places, and you automatically think it's breakage, when it could just be new hair growing in!!!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
you notice short hairs sticking out in different places, and you automatically think it's breakage, when it could just be new hair growing in!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! Great minds DO think alike /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I had this same thought just the other day. I combed my hair and noticed short hairs just sticking up in the air, and I don't have breakage, just shedding. So this theory is absolutely correct.

I have actually thought about this for some time and asked my sis (who doesn't give a s*i* about hair). Anyways, my question to her and to you all, is there anyway to tell which short strand is from shedding and which is from breakage? Like when you look at those short hairs can you figure out well this is growing in from a shedding and this one is breakage. I ask cause I have a lot of short hairs in there and I'm sort of worried, because did I cause my hair to break ( is it really breaking and I didn't notice?)or is this from hair that shed. Maybe there're no answers for this question and I just have to move on...oh well.

I don't think there's any way to tell while the hair is on your head whether that hair is a broken one, or just one that is growing.

I'm thinking that the only way to tell if what you have is breakage, is if you have a whole lot of shorter hairs in one (or more than one) particular spot, or if you notice that when you comb your hair, there are always a lot of short hairs in the sink or on your shoulders!!!

Back