Hair growth Update

CHANNYY

:update: :update: I started my hair journey back in November 2011. I decided that I wanted to see from what I have read on YouTube and LHCF I get my hair to growth and be healthy. Well I was taking alot of pics in the beginning and fell off. Now today I didnt think my hair grew as much but once I took pics I did see a difference. The first pic was last year and the second was this morning. I just relaxed my hair after a 12 week stretch. I need a trim badly cause I haven't had one since August 2011. My hair growth rate is slow but after seeing these pics this morning I will continue to keep up my journey cause I would love to be full bra strap this time next year.

The bad: I guess this would be my first set back. My ps methods have been bunning. I did the sock bun at first but now. I can bun by wrapping my own hair around and just pin. I have notice some breakage in the back of my hair. This makes me want to cry.:crying3: I think its coming from the elastic bands I use for the ponytail. I was trying at least I thought to not make it tight.

Today, I decided to not use the bands to see if this indeed was the problem. I have always had a weak spot( even before my journey) in the middle back so I realize I need to get that area some extra special attention. I will get a trim this week so I'm hope she wont have to cut to much.

:prettyplease:Needless to say even with my set back, this has motivated even more to get it crack a lackin:lachen: I just want to :thankyou: ladies for all the advice you have given me.:love4: . I will try to do more frequent hair updates.

Attachments

• Hair%201-7-12.jpg
    Hair%201-7-12.jpg
    489.8 KB · Views: 219
  • 100_5232.jpg
    100_5232.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 222
Good progress! Try rotate your protective styles to prevent breakage. I had breakage a looong time ago from wearing my ponytail in the same place everyday. When I was relaxed I alternated between buns using a regular ponytail holder, claw clips, and a cornrow/French braid.

bunning isn't for everyone especially if your edges or entire head is fine strands. try other protective styles. tell us what products you use and your reggie as well.

Good job. Do u know when ur gonna trim. Sometimes that can make or break ur growth. What helps me stay on top of my trims, is trimming w/ every relaxer.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Nice progress!!
If you continue to bun, try using cut knee highs as ponytail holders. I dont get any breakage when i use these. Also switch up the position of the bun. :yep:

Good job. Do u know when ur gonna trim. Sometimes that can make or break ur growth. What helps me stay on top of my trims, is trimming w/ every relaxer.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF
I will get a trim on tomorrow. Yes, I usually try to keep up with my tims around relaxing but was totally forgot when I last touched up in October. I agree this could be one a problem and I definitely need a trim.

My regime:

I wash once a week and co wash once a week. Wash- ( Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo) Co-wash ( V-05 Moisture Milk)
I also Pre poo with coconut oil before wash.
I deep condition once a week. Organic Root Stimluator Replenishing conditioner, mix with honey and coconut oil
I moisturize and seal twice a day. S-Curl Moisturizer and seal with JBCO or Argan Oil.
I do a hard protein just before my relaxers. Aphogee 2 step protein. Followed by balancing moisturizer. Same Aphogee
I do a clarifying shampoo once a month. ( depending how much build up I have( My only Ps has been bunning) I think cause I notice results and two its in expensive..lol
I normally trim when its time to relax but I skip Oct and I need one badly.

I try not to comb everyday but I find myself having to cause of the frizz.

I recently started to working out and so far I have hit them gym. five times a week. My hair is soaking wet when done. I was thinking of getting a sew in but scared it might break my hair off. Right now I allow it to air dry and then mositurize and seal at night then I bun it back up in the morning. I feel like the sweat makes my hair brittle.

CHANNYY

I would trim every 3-4 months. No matter how gentle I am with my hair an 3 month trimming schedule has greatly helped with my rentention. :yep:

I would alternate with a light or moderate protein cause i'm not sure whether the replenishing pk is protein. Is the protein on the label listed on the top, middle or bottom of the ingredients and if so what kinds?

Know that you can co-wash and do a dc, many posters here do so. You maybe in need of dc 2x times a week since you sweat so much.

The balancing moisturizer that comes with the aphogee 2 step is a large hot load of steamy garbage:lachen:I use aubreys behind mine others have used kenra or other condishes behind it.

You can overmoisturize, is it real necessary for you to m/s 2x a day?

The sweat maybe giving you issues cause you sweat in your head so much. Could you co-wash more often?

I don't think getting a sew in is a good idea either, you may get tons of matting and it may start to smell funny or get mildewy with the extensive sweat:nono:

My regime:

I wash once a week and co wash once a week. Wash- ( Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo) Co-wash ( V-05 Moisture Milk)
I also Pre poo with coconut oil before wash.
I deep condition once a week. Organic Root Stimluator Replenishing conditioner, mix with honey and coconut oil
I moisturize and seal twice a day. S-Curl Moisturizer and seal with JBCO or Argan Oil.
I do a hard protein just before my relaxers. Aphogee 2 step protein. Followed by balancing moisturizer. Same Aphogee
I do a clarifying shampoo once a month. ( depending how much build up I have( My only Ps has been bunning) I think cause I notice results and two its in expensive..lol
I normally trim when its time to relax but I skip Oct and I need one badly.

I try not to comb everyday but I find myself having to cause of the frizz.

I recently started to working out and so far I have hit them gym. five times a week. My hair is soaking wet when done. I was thinking of getting a sew in but scared it might break my hair off. Right now I allow it to air dry and then mositurize and seal at night then I bun it back up in the morning. I feel like the sweat makes my hair brittle.

CHANNYY

I also forgot to add that contrary to popular belief that evco is a lightweight oil.....in the winter i think its wise to cut it with other oils like olive or castor. i would also consider adding a ceramide based oil like hemp, rice bran, sunflower, safflower, grapeseed, wheatgerm, etc. some folks can use evco undiluted yraround but different strokes for different folks.

I'm sorry I use the aphogee 2 keratin reconstructor as a mild protein. Is this okay? Every since I started my journey I have moisturize twice daily because my hair feels dry at night. I was worried if I co-wash on the days I workout it my be too much. I The Aubreys where do you buy it? You dont think its wise to use olive oil or castor oil in the winter? Wait so you use different oils in different seasons?
I think that my hair my need the added changes you mention so I'm willing to give it a try. I heard that many after a while need to make adjustments to their regime so I guess its time for mines.

Congrats on your progress! I am also a slow grower and I had the same problem with breakage in the same pattern until I swore off ponytail holders and learned to make my buns by wrapping my hair around itself and pining with spin pins. This saved my hair in the back and allowed me to break past the CBL purgatory I was stuck in for a year and a half and finally make it to APL. :yep:

Your progress is great! Keep up the good work :)

If I can offer one piece of advice, unless you trust your stylist with your LIFE and know for a FACT that she is NOT scissor happy, please don't let her cut your hair. Buy a good pair of scissors and Learn to trim it yourself.

Many ladies on this board will concur that scissor happy stylists can "trim" away a year's worth of progress in five minutes.

If you trust her, then go for it. But tell her how much to cut. Ask for a 1/4 inch trim. Don't "see how much she thinks you need". You can always go back and trim more if the trim is not enough but hair grows back slower than it gets cut off. So if she cuts too much you have to wait for it to grow back. It's easier to trim not enough and then trim some more later.

Good luck!

Back