Hair Growth Shirts

sexyeyes3616

hi ladies Im not sure what you call them but anybody remeber the t-shirts that tracked your hair growth and thr length of your hair the t-shirt that has the various inches on it does anyone know what I am talking about if so where can i get the t-shirt?

Yeah, I would like to get one too. I remember people talking about them earlier this year, but no one ever found out where to get one.

Dag I wanted one of those shirts too....I kept looking in the shop part but could not find...hope u guys find out cuz i want one 2

I sent her a PM shortly after joining lhcf and she replied, but I didn't have the money then. A few weeks ago I sent her another PM, because I was ready to get the shirt but she hasn't replied to that one yet.

I always wanted to get one too. I think I will just make one myself If we can't order. Besides since I am separated now I am very very low on cash.

The last time I pm'd DSD, she stated that she was no longer making them at the time:) but I'm sure she'll eventually start back making them;)

tsmith said:
The last time I pm'd DSD, she stated that she was no longer making them at the time:) but I'm sure she'll eventually start back making them;)

I kind of figured that was the case. I remembered when she was selling them the last time and i met to order one, but I procrastinated and missed out:ohwell: . Next time I will definately make an order ASAP if she does start making them again.

For the time being, I may try to make my own as another poster suggested. Hopefully, I can get the lines straight and spacing accurate.

I've made my own T-shirt. I measured in half-inch to one inch increments and started from the nape of the neck. I figure it's a better way to measure, since everyone's neck is a different length.

To make your own, where do you start the marker from the collar? Do you start at 1 inch or something else?

I remeber reading the directions on how to make them on the blackhairmedia.com site....If memory serves me well you measure it out and have the measurements placed on one of those transfer sheets for t-shirts..then you iron it on the back.

Hi ladies,

I talked to one of my friends about these and he said that he can make them for $15 plus shipping. He has a company called Invisible Tees. PM me if you want to place an order or if you have questions. Also, tell me how many inches you want as well.

Hope this helps!:)

I made my own in MS Word in 1/2 in increments. It wasn't too hard to figure out the correct formula for the increments to come out correct. I started mine a 1/2 in down from the collar and used a iron on T-shirt transfer.

Transfer sheets? I presume I can get those at a fabric store?

21Trixie said:
I kind of figured that was the case. I remembered when she was selling them the last time and i met to order one, but I procrastinated and missed out:ohwell: . Next time I will definately make an order ASAP if she does start making them again.

For the time being, I may try to make my own as another poster suggested. Hopefully, I can get the lines straight and spacing accurate.

Ok I made up the template in MS Word yesterday BUT doesn't everything need to be reversed and backwards so it transposes correctly onto the transfer and the shirt?

CurleeDST said:
Ok I made up the template in MS Word yesterday BUT doesn't everything need to be reversed and backwards so it transposes correctly onto the transfer and the shirt?

How did you make the template? I would love to track my growth this way. Could you email it to me if I PM'ed you my email address???

Sure, don't know if I did it right but the font is Times New Roman size 16. I built a table and using the left-hand ruler ended each cell at the 1 inch mark.

Send me your email and I will forward it to you. Feel free to tweak it and obviously it stops at 10 inches b/c I did it on regular paper 8.5 X 11. Perhaps I should change it to legal paper length and try it that way but not sure if that fabric transfer sheet comes in legal lengths.

Blackoutzangel05 said:
How did you make the template? I would love to track my growth this way. Could you email it to me if I PM'ed you my email address???

CurleeDST said:

When you go to print it out, in the printing menu/settings/options, there will be an option for you to flip/mirror and it will do this for you. If you're using the software that came with the transfer paper, don't flip/mirror in your printiing menu as the software should do this for you as well.

Ah makes sense it would be under print options in MS Word. Thanks

MrzLadyBuggz said:
When you go to print it out, in the printing menu/settings/options, there will be an option for you to flip/mirror and it will do this for you. If you're using the software that came with the transfer paper, don't flip/mirror in your printiing menu as the software should do this for you as well.

You could possibly make both a left and right column with numbers so that you can view progress from both sides, and also to correctly gauge the eveness of your hair.

ETA: I will work on my this weekend, then post the results. I need to make one for the Bootcamp challenge anyways.

I made mine

I made mine... It looks like this:

relaxer22307002nv9.jpg

ALl I needed was a ruler and a sharpie... not as nice as printed, but it gets the job done :)

CurleeDST said:
Transfer sheets? I presume I can get those at a fabric store?

I started one inch from the collar, and you can find the transfer sheets at Wal Mart too. I didn't do transfer, but maybe when I decide to make a nice shirt I will do it that way.

Re: I made mine

FAMUDva said:
I made mine... It looks like this:

relaxer22307002nv9.jpg

ALl I needed was a ruler and a sharpie... not as nice as printed, but it gets the job done :)
see I am gonna have to try this one...thanks lady

Hey your method looks like it works!!! I have no confidence in my artsy craftsy skills which is why I figure I would need a program to help me keep everything straight. LOL

I have a white Calvin Klein T-shirt and a sharpie and a ruler. Heck I can try and make this thing today possibly since I am home.

FAMUDva said:
I started one inch from the collar, and you can find the transfer sheets at Wal Mart too. I didn't do transfer, but maybe when I decide to make a nice shirt I will do it that way.

Back