Hair growth cycle.

Leshia

Has anyone actually figured out their hair growth cycle? Seems kind of confusing... /images/graemlins/huh.gif

I don't get it either, I think my hair is ALWAYS in a growth cycle, seeing as how I get new growth every single month... I think there are times when I may get more new growth than others, for example in warmer weather, but yeah, this theory makes me wonder /images/graemlins/confused.gif

It is very confusing to me also. But the hair on your head is always growing, so that's why you have new growth. There's only a certain percentage of your hair that is in the different phases at different times. I'm not sure of the percentage though. Hopefully someone else will jump in here.

I wish I could help you, but I never let my hair grow until it wouldn't grow anymore. So the longest my hair has been is 23" but I'm not sure if my hair had stopped growing yet.

I do know that I get 3/4" a month. So if that's nine inches a year then 23" would equal 2 and a half years. So my hair might have a 3 year growth cycle, and the longest my hair can get is just about waist length. I don't know though, but I will know this time around.

I forgot about this question....so, do you have to let your hair grow for an extended amount of time to figure it out? This is my first time letting it grow as long as it can so I guess I won't know what my cycle is for quite a while...IF that's how you figure yours out. /images/graemlins/brainy.gif

I thought it was Anaphase(growing hair 2 to 6 years)

Somethingphase(I don't know the phase name but it is the phase in the hair getting ready to fall out. 1,000 days)

Telephase( the hair coming out 100 days)

Back