Hair growing with dry ends

Leona28

I'm excited to see that my hair is growing now that I've stopped using hair appliances. I've got good moisture using Cocoaloe Hair Hydrator by Etsy's Hair Hydration and using a few but moisture injecting products/taking Mineral Rich! Prior to my change of hair practices, I still used the hot appliances and I believe dried the ends (about 1 inch to 1.5 inches). I'm tempted to get them cut off as I'm leaving my hair dry naturally now/tie in a bun. Is it likely that I will still have dry ends now that I will continue drying naturally or is it only likely with using hot tools? Personally, I'd love to cut them off and grow smooth hair down my back. Suggestions please.

I attempted to hold on to dry, gross, damaged ends for the sake of length and had hardly any progress. I now fully understand what posters men when they say get rid of damaged hair. Some people have dry ends that aren't damaged and need tlc. If you think it's damaged hair, cut it off. If it just needs tlc, keep it around. Sounds like you want to cut though.

I agree with MsV. If length &/or health is your goal, cutting damage is the only solution. If you're unsure your ends are damaged, its probably better to err on the side of caution. No amount of sealing can prevent splits from traveling though. And damaged hair eventually becomes split hair.
Good luck!

via LHCF App

I attempted to hold on to dry, gross, damaged ends for the sake of length and had hardly any progress. I now fully understand what posters men when they say get rid of damaged hair. Some people have dry ends that aren't damaged and need tlc. If you think it's damaged hair, cut it off. If it just needs tlc, keep it around. Sounds like you want to cut though.

It's damaged. No matter how much TLC-ing, it stays the same.

Thanks Ladies. When the rest of my hair becomes moist, these ends remain coarse and rough along with 'scraggily.' My hair became like this after blow drying & flat ironing a few months ago. My hair tends to feel quite dry after personally blow drying (even on low heat) and flat ironing adds to the dryness. I have been drying naturally for at least 2 months now and my hair seems to prefer this.

Back