Hair frustration Vent thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im so tired of wearing braids but I have to wear them for the best retention.
I cant do a hair style to save my life
I can't wait until May to do a lenght check and I hope im not disappointed

MAN I'm glad to see this thread! I thought about starting a thread about hair growth but I didn't want to seem like a total hater. But seriously, I feel like some of the other posters - I'm 22 months post relaxer and I'm only grazing shoulder length. I see progress pics with ladies that are APL, BSL, or MBL at 24 months post relaxer and I don't get it! I grow an average of .5 inches per month. I don't measure on the regular but I have measured a few times and always get the same, sometimes a little more. So where is my length going? The first year after my BC (I transitioned for 8.5 months) I wore my hair in a puff, cowashed a few times a week in the winter and almost daily in the summer, washed 1x a week, DC'd 1x a week, and didn't notice any significant breakage. So either my growth rate slowed waaaay down or I clearly didn't retain as much as I should have. I just measured my hair from 12/20 to now and I have a little over an inch of hair growth, so I'm still at an average rate of growth. What's going on!!!!:nono:

After my disappointing length check 12/20 I decided to up the moisture and begin stretching my hair. I now shampoo 1x a week, cowash 1x a week, DC 1x a week, sometimes prepoo, and wear a twistout puff. My hair needs to be shaped but I don't want to lose the length I have so I'm waiting until it gets longer before I have it cut, hence the puffs. I'm just aggravated, and it's hard for me to look at the progress pics too. I think the pics are great and then I look at my hair and want to cry. I've never been into growth aids but I mixed up a sulfur mix last week and I'm going to apply it nightly for the month of March and see what happens. I'm buying a phony pony and PSing until May. Or maybe I'll just calm down and let my hair do it's thing.

Sorry for the incredibly long post. I feel better now. :grin:

I too am an unhappy resident/citizen of Single-Strand-Knot City. The closet surrounding towns seems to be Slow Growers Township and Shedders Village......both of which I currently spend time in.

Trying my best not to get frustrated.....which is hard when I come here and see such beautiful heads of hair. :wallbash:

Was taking MSM but stopped because it was making me gain weight. :perplexed

ETA: Still celebrating every inch. :bouncegre

Last edited:
Im soooooo over this natural hair right now!!!! I cant do PS, Braid worth a darn Im just over my hair at this point. Im sick of Wngo's. I don't trust anyone to braid my hair b/c I don't want to have a set back b/c they braid to tight. I went and got a dang on halfway wig to do psing but my hair is just a mess. I'm too freaking old to walk around with four pom poms on my head I give up. I just need like 2-3 more inches so I can do psing. If I were to relax I still couldn't pull off psing. I'm over it I want to scream and cry at the same time. It just seems like when I was natural before by 8 months post b/c I was doing all kinds of styles with my hair. On top of that I knew nothing about LCHF or other boards, psing, having a reggie ect.

Now I feel better

WTF is up with my ends right now?

I know I've been really scissor happy lately and I told myself I would do no more cutting but *** it. I'm trimming the ends again right now.

Also, I'm not very happy with the breakage I saw today when I co washed. :nono: I'm thinking it's the colour I put on recently. And that Lustrasilk Cholesterol deep conditioner is a piece of crap!!

I need to find a GOOD deep conditioner.

UGH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back