Hair Dryer

diamond_nh

I did a search in this and I still am clueless on what to get. Right now I have a hand dryer, but I usually air dry my hair. I do want a dryer for deep conditioning and aphogee treatments and maybe for the ocassional drying of my hair. I was wondering what do you use, whether it be a hooded dryer or soft bonnet? And do you like it? I want something that is going to work and that is going to last long. Please Help?

Also I would like to know the brand that you have. Which is better Gold 'N Hot, Hot Tools, or Lady Dazey or something else?

My aunt has had the same Lady Dazey hard bonnet dryer for at least 10 yrs. I looked, but never found one. You can order them online, but the weight makes the price outrageous! If you see one in the store, get two--one for me and one for you!
grin.gif
I got a Conair Pro Style 1600 at Kmart for under $25. It's got a decent sized hood, but the air flow is kind of weird. I had to keep adjusting it to get it to blow all over my head...

Edited to add:
Don't get the Gold n Hot! The bonnet is really small and barely any air comes out of the back!
mad.gif
The Hot Tools dryer is supposed to be a good one, though.

I have a gold n'hot and am quite satisfied with it. I got the more expensive one though, $40.00 regular price I think. These are necessary for an aphogee, you cannot use anything that touches your hair for one of those treatments.
For my oil treatments I use a heat cap, although putting on a plastic cap and sitting under the dryer will work well. I can't speak to how long it lasts since I have had it only about 3 months and have used it 3 times.

OMG... in this hot weather, I don't even want to SEE those two dirty little words - "Hair Dryer"!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I did have a gold n hot dryer. But due to travelling back and forth from schoool with it and the occasional drop. it fall apart I am researching some ones online-- and considering buying oiff ebay

I have Lady Dazey, my mom got it for me when I was like in middle school. I barely used it then, but now its a must for me. It's a really good hood dryer. The high setting, gets extremely hot, so medium is enough for me.

I have a Pibbs model 514. It's a professional dryer that you see in some the salons. Cost me a grip but worth it. My hair dries in about 45 min or so. I also had a Gold N Hot too. That one was pretty good. Didn't like Conair's too because my rollers wouln't fit under there so I gave that one away.

Hey Sassygirl if I find in NY or CT and I find it I will buy 2 or tell you where I got it. If you live somewhere else then it would be the same shipping costs, so that doesn't really do anything. Right now I am still undecided, but it does seem that everyone that has the Lady Dazey had it for years and it still works great. I see that alot of people have both a hood dryer and a soft bonnet is this for convenience or necessity. Oh and thanks for the info of not using a soft bonnet for Aphogee treatments.

@ diamond:
I was kidding about buying 2 dryers! I can't afford the shipping! But if you find a Lady Dazey, grab it for yourself. They seem to last forever. They must be really good quality dryers...

@ sweetcocoa:
I forgot about Ebay! Maybe the shipping won't be so bad.

[ QUOTE ]
@ diamond:
I was kidding about buying 2 dryers! I can't afford the shipping! But if you find a Lady Dazey, grab it for yourself. They seem to last forever. They must be really good quality dryers...

@ sweetcocoa:
I forgot about Ebay! Maybe the shipping won't be so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you try Ebay...look for ones that have a set shipping or ones that are close to your home so you won't have to pay as much. I have a soft bonnet I'm thinking about selling on Ebay.

Back