Hair Dryer Help

Ms. Plain Jane

Hello ladies,

I'm looking to buy a new hard hat dryer. After a few visits to different salons, I've decided that to do my own hair (except for perms and trims) because hair stylists do not really listen to my requests. Anyway, I want to buy a new hard hat dryer. I already have a bonnett/"travel" dryer, but that has proven to be not powerful enough. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations? How many watts does a "good" hard hat dryer have? What brand of dryer do you use?

Thanks in advance,

Ms. Plain Jane

This is one that I bought from Sally's. It was expensive, but I only bought it after trying several tabletop ones that were not working for me. It was expensive (about $169:eek: ), but I adore it. Here it is:

Sally Item #: 904638

904638.jpg
Traditional dryer that heats up to 145 degrees depending on the environment.
Dial setting for perm processing cycles.
60-minute timer with 2-minute "cool down" cycle.
980 watt heating element.
Dimensions: 23.75"H x 12.25"W x 6.5"D

I also bought the rollabout stand thats at Sally's--that way I could roll it anywhere around my house. I only go to salons for trims and relaxers, too. I do everything else, like rollersets and whatever else, at my house.:)

Last edited:
shunta said:
I also bought the rollabout stand thats at Sally's--that way I could roll it anywhere around my house. I only go to salons for trims and relaxers, too. I do everything else, like rollersets and whatever else, at my house.:)

Is the rollabout stand just a stand, or is it a dryer on a stand? The one that you posted a picture of is the one that I wanted to get, but I currently don't have the room for it...

Ms. Plain Jane said:
Is the rollabout stand just a stand, or is it a dryer on a stand? The one that you posted a picture of is the one that I wanted to get, but I currently don't have the room for it...

I would like to know also, if there's enough room for big rollers, the one I have now doesn't dry my hair in the back very well.

Okay, here is a pic with the dryer already on the stand. I looked at Sallys online, and I couldnt find the rollabout stand on there for some reason. :confused:
But heres another pic that I found:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] Dryer Chair w/Dryer [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] Outer Hood[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] Hood Ring[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Century Schoolbook, Times New Roman, Times]
Hood%20Hair%20Dryer.jpg
[/FONT] This conditioned air dryer offers 950 watts of drying power using 9.7 amps of electricity. It features a 5-position switch (Off, Low, Medium, High Perm) and a 60-minute timer, as well as a 100 watt convenience outlet and dust filter.
Available in black Model #:785 or white Model #:780. [/FONT]

Back