Hair dryer broke, need advice on which one to buy!

EmeraldSky

My hairdryer broke so I'm going later today to purchase another, which is better a soft cap hair dryer with the plastic cap that goes over the head or a hard top hooded dryer and which brand is best? I don't want to end up with something that's going to break down quickly, I'm sure you guys know better than a sales person which is best. Help is greatly appreciated!
smile.gif

P.S
This would be for when I'm in rollersets.

I'd buy the ion hairdryer at sally's. It's got that new negative ion technology everyone is raving about (including me) and it's only 35.00.

Re: Hair dryer broke, need advice on which one to

Is it hooded? I'm looking for one to dryer my hair while it's rollersets.

Re: Hair dryer broke, need advice on which one to

This all depends on the rollers that you use for your head. If your hair uses the green pink, or black rollers, a hardhat dryer would be cool. Example: Gold n Hot brand.

For big-haired-big-roller people such as myself (gray and purple rollers) You may need the soft bonnet dryer. Example: Lady Dazey/Carel brand.

My best advice to you is to go to THRIFT STORES and buy a dryer. Test them out while u are there. I am currently under my Lady Dazey soft bonnet which I bought for 5 dollars @ my nearest Salvation Army. Works like a charm and it's worth every dollar: all five of them. HTH

Today in walmart they had conair hard hat dryers for only $22.99 (that place is so cheap!!!) I'm sure they will work well.
I have a windermere soft bonnet that I got cheap but I only use it for a bit of heat with my conditioner. I wouldnt use it for roller sets.
Like someone else I also bought a hard hat one for $5 before from goodwill and it worked very well and had a nice retro look
smile.gif

My soft bonnet dryer takes 2 hours to dry my hair, while the hard hat one at the salon dries my hair in under an hour. The grey and purple rollers fit under the one at the salon. At home, the purple ones barely fit under my soft bonnet one. HTH.

I recently purchased a soft bonnet dryer and I like it more than my hardhat b/c I can sit on the couch and watch tv. I manage to leave it on my head for as long as I want it to whereas with my hardhat, time never goes by quickly enough!

You might want to think about investing into a professional hooded dryer. I bought mines about 10 yrs ago and I believe I paid alittle over $200, but I believe it's worth it.

I've used both types of dryers (soft and hard) and I prefer my Dazey hard hooded dryer. It's perfect for my rollersets.

Back