Hair Disaster at the Hair Salon..How did you recover

The Princess

I wanted to know how many trusted your hair stylist/best friend/almost licensed personel with your hair and it took your hair out and how did your recover from that day.

I let a friend of a friend of mine do my hair for 2007 New Years day. As you all know all hair salons were packed. We were crunched for time and we still had to get on the road to get to the party. Therefore I was okay for it. At the time my hair had been in a protected hair style (cornrolls) for a year, and I was very excited how healthy, thick and strong my hair was. It was also past my shoulders. Even the beauticain was complimenting on my hair. She stated I need a relaxer and I agreed cause I wanted my hair to look very nice for the event. She started on me first, Im talking to my friend and realized she start placing the relaxer in my hair. At this time I was running my mouth, but I stop and had to think, hey did she base my scalp first, but I was so into the conversation that the thought left my mind.:wallbash: First mistake. After 5 minutes the right side of my hair was on fire, not only she did not base it, it was also a LYE relaxer:wallbash:. Second mistake, my hair already had no lye relaxer in it.

Well 2hrs later my hair was styled. Nice looking, gel, and weaved up.

Then it happen:perplexed I was taking the weave out and the right side of my hair was glued to my scalp, I start panicaking and immediately ran to the kitchen to watch it out, and my hair start falling out.
For almost 4 months I had to wear weave over my hair, until I figured out what I was going to do. My hair was steadily thinning on the right side, and I attempt to put a kiddy relaxer on my hair, and my scalp was so burned that I had to wash it out within seconds.:sad:
:nono:I ended up going to a local mall hair stylist department, and told her my story, and she told me the worst news ever, I had to cut it off to my ear. She took very good care of my hair, and start growing back even, however my hair is still thin on the right side but its not as bad as before

What did I learned from this: Pay attention to everything that goes on with your hair. I didn't really need a perm, it just needed some heat on it, I just had a perm 4 weeks prior-Don't let anyone talk you into what they think, you know your hair. Next-never wait till the last minute to find a hairdresser, you end up just letting anyone with some experience like in your hair and might end up like me. If you know your scalp in burnt from a relaxer stay away from Gel, and spritz, it will stick to your head and scalp.

Trust me I had to learn from personal experience, you should learn just by reading from others.

First, welcome to the LHCF....I am sorry to hear what happened to you, but you are in good hands NOW...so take this opportunity to search this forum to get some helpful infor that can turn hair disaster around!

HHG!

Back