Hair Dilemma, Help needed!!!

Ok so after a long week of me deciding whether or not im going to BC or not, i decided im going to wait until i reach the 18 month mark before i BC. Right now i am 41 weeks post, and i am now going through that battle with my hair. Most of the time it is manageable, but i've decided to cut back with the heat and go at least a month without direct heat, because i noticed with me getting it flat-ironed weekly, my curl pattern has loosened due to the heat. Off Topic. So lately i've noticed shedding not severve, but enough. no breakage, but my hair has been extremely dry. my hair regimen consists of cowashing with suave cucumber melon weekly, clarifying wash once a month (or before depending on buildup). NTM leave-in, Elasta QP mango butter ( which i used as a moisturizer, until i noticed it made my hair hard and dry). Coconut, & olive oil mix, with a tablespoon of shea butter. i've been DC'ing twice a week with QQ dpr-11. and i protein treatment once a month. Still i have extremely dry hair. what gives.

So today i went to wal-mart to buy some groceries, and stopped at the salon. the sylist recommened Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm. Has anyone tried this? if so what were your results.

I intially was going to get some Keracare Humecto conditioner, but unfortuanately they are in the process of going out of business. so no more keracare products. Also anyone that uses Dudley products their manufacturing warehouse burnt down. FYI i live in Atlanta, GA.

So does anyone have any suggestions?

Ok so after a long week of me deciding whether or not im going to BC or not, i decided im going to wait until i reach the 18 month mark before i BC. Right now i am 41 weeks post, and i am now going through that battle with my hair. Most of the time it is manageable, but i've decided to cut back with the heat and go at least a month without direct heat, because i noticed with me getting it flat-ironed weekly, my curl pattern has loosened due to the heat. Off Topic. So lately i've noticed shedding not severve, but enough. no breakage, but my hair has been extremely dry. my hair regimen consists of cowashing with suave cucumber melon weekly, clarifying wash once a month (or before depending on buildup). NTM leave-in, Elasta QP mango butter ( which i used as a moisturizer, until i noticed it made my hair hard and dry). Coconut, & olive oil mix, with a tablespoon of shea butter. i've been DC'ing twice a week with QQ dpr-11. and i protein treatment once a month. Still i have extremely dry hair. what gives.

So today i went to wal-mart to buy some groceries, and stopped at the salon. the sylist recommened Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm. Has anyone tried this? if so what were your results.

I intially was going to get some Keracare Humecto conditioner, but unfortuanately they are in the process of going out of business. so no more keracare products. Also anyone that uses Dudley products their manufacturing warehouse burnt down. FYI i live in Atlanta, GA.

So does anyone have any suggestions?

Are you talking about Elasta QP DPR-11? If so that stuff made my hair really dry and hard and since you are using it twice a week that may be why your hair is so dry. Try taking that product out of your routine and see if that is the culprit.

Back