Hair Different Thickness????

Knedgers

When examining my strands of shed hairs I notice that they are different thickness down the length of the strand kinda like this ________________

:ohwell::ohwell:I hope you get what I am trying to explain. This can't be good :nono::nono:and it is probably the cause of my breakage. Anyone no why this happens and what I can do to fix it?? Please help I would greatly appreciate any tips or advice

I actually think that's a normal feature of AA hair - because of the 'coils' that we have, the hair is slightly thicker/thinner at the points of the turns/curves - our hair is more like a ribbon than a rope, strand by strand.

Now, if it is from tiny splits/bits of hair being lifted up along the strand, I would look at my styling tools first - is there anything you are using that might be 'scraping' along your hair? Seamed combs and metal edges are my first thought.

well i only use a shower comb, and wide tooth by clips not snag. I dont know:ohwell: I just can't seem to get the breakage and dryness under control and i have cowashing like mad. My hair is just so heavy and dull looking

well i only use a shower comb, and wide tooth by clips not snag. I dont know:ohwell: I just can't seem to get the breakage and dryness under control and i have cowashing like mad. My hair is just so heavy and dull looking

I would say check your water to make sure its not too hard- that could be one reason. Also product factors- maybe a certain ingredient isn't messing well with your hair.

I know now I can tell the difference from Chicago water and Dallas water. Chicago water was much harder on my hair - I'm surprised that I was able to retain length now that I have been washing in Dallas water - I find that the water is a lot softer although i still might by a shower filter just in case especially since I've told that Dallas has extremely Hot summers

You need to try something else. I'd first use a clarifying shampoo, then deep condition. Pause on the CO washing until you can get your hair back on track. It might be too much if your hair is fragile right now. I would allow the hair to air dry after deep conditioning, then bun it. Keep applying your mositurizers to the ends regularly and then bun it. After a few weeks, dust the ends and go another cylcle. Keep doing this until the splits and breakage is less and less. THEN evaluate what you should do from that point as a regular routine. Just my suggestion. Keep trying until you find what works.

thanx I am not long enough to bun but maybe I can use the baggy/roller method and wear a neat ponytail
You need to try something else. I'd first use a clarifying shampoo, then deep condition. Pause on the CO washing until you can get your hair back on track. It might be too much if your hair is fragile right now. I would allow the hair to air dry after deep conditioning, then bun it. Keep applying your mositurizers to the ends regularly and then bun it. After a few weeks, dust the ends and go another cylcle. Keep doing this until the splits and breakage is less and less. THEN evaluate what you should do from that point as a regular routine. Just my suggestion. Keep trying until you find what works.

Back