Hair did not take relaxer, please help!!!!

carolb21

I went to a stylist who does my sister's hair, it is natural and she gets it pressed. I talked to this stylist extensively and she seemed very knowledgeable. She uses Paasha relaxer system and after researching this system it appeared to be very good, with moisturizers and everything. She said that it was the best system and that all her clients loved it. Problem is that it did not relax my hair. My hair ate it and asked for more. She had to use two containers and I had to wait while she mixed the second batch. She cut my hair in a bob, because I had not relaxed since Sept., 2006, she said that my ends were split very badly and this would give me some type of style.

I don't know what to do at this point, this all took place on Tuesday and i have washed my hair twice since then. I went to my girlfriend's stylist who said my hair was over and under processed and that i needed a corrective relaxer put she wouldn't advise doing it for at least 4 weeks. This is my second time starting all over and I would love to get it right this time. My hair feels healthy and thick, but coarse and nappy in places, especially on the ends in the back so I am trying to baby those areas. I can't wear very many protective styles, so I purchased a new wig and will just bag my whole head under it.

Any advice you wonderful ladies can give to me would be greatly appreciated. I just started dating this great guy and he has not seen my new hair style....:eek:

You guys are the best, thanks in advance for all your help.

I Carol. You don't go to Morena anyomore? I agree with your stylist. You do need to wait at least 3 weeks before doing a corrective. You should speak to the other stylist about getting her to pay for it since she did not do what she was paid to do.

Thanks, Keen!!! No I don't go to Morena because of the price of gas and I am so busy. My sister has been going to this girl for months and her hair is very healthy, although she is natural and she thought she could do a good job and i could go to Morena every once in a while. Big Mistake. She will kill me when I do go back....LOL

I might just baby my hair with protein treatments and lots of moisture for the next three weeks and let Morena do my corrective. What do you think? I just hate this look. I just want my hair back.

If anyone has any suggestions for me, please PM me, I would really appreciate any advice. My cuticle is very rough and I wonder if the no lye relaxer could be the cause.

Thanks again,:)

Hello Carolb21

I'm sorry to hear what happened but there's hope. If you're near the RDU area, I would recommend you give Krika(s?), the owner of Sophia's Sunflower Salon a call. Her salon is located at 608 Johnson Street in Raleigh. She may have some products you can use to help nurse your tresses back to health.
Here's her website: www.sophiasunflower.com or [email protected]. I met her once in person and she is such a sweetheart!

Or, maybe your hair is in need of a much needed "vacation" and you should consider getting some professionally done braids. Summer almost here, and think of the convenience of the time (and $$$) you're saving by making this small investment.

I know for a fact that there's a least 3 braiding salons on Capital Blvd alone (and another on the corner of Tryon Blvd on ILM avenue), imagine how many more there are in the rest of the city:lol:

I don't live in Raleigh but I drive up there alot, get's me away from "country" Eastern NC.

If there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

By the way, I'm currently wearing cornows exactly one week today and it's such a blessing not having to mess w/my hair every morning for work.

Back