HAIR CRISIS HELP !!!

MWilson569

Hey yall its Melissa...and I have a major hair crisis....I just took my hair out of braids ( synthetic extentions) and I have'nt combed it out...but I ran my hand through it a little...and im noticing some of my hair coming out from the root ..... I am sooo scared right now...Can any of you ladies tell me what I should put in my hair or do to my hair right now to stop this breakage....I'll be waiting for your responses....thank you...I trust your advice
rosebud.gif

remember, most of this hair is likely just shedding, and it would have come out anyway. You're just seeing it all come out at once.

Don't most people shed 50-100 hairs a day?

Don't worry. Just take your time and be gentle. I found it helpful to use a spray leave-in conditioner when I was taking down braid extensions.

HTH.

I agree! I used a braid take down (can't remember the name ) the last time I had braids and even though some hair came out (which is normal since you haven't been combing your hair everyday) not alot came out and it was easy to comb through. I have learned from my mistakes in the past and this is the best way to do it. Also make sure you use I wide-toothed comb.

I would do a CON rinse with LUST or the best detangler you can find and then do a comb through. If you do it dry (and I wouldn't) but if you need to then I'd recommend something like shea butter to get all of the tangles out so that you are sure the only hair you lose is normal shedding.

I think that u should find a detangling shampoo and conditioner to help with the tangles ,but you must use a reconstructor to help rebuild your hair followed by a moisturizing deep conditioner.Be careful not to pull and tugg hair too hard use a large teeth comb to minimize extra breakage butwen you just take out extentions you will no douth see shedding that was already shedding on a usual daily basis but I know girl when all this hair is seen coming out it seems as if something is wrong.after doing the treatments and detangling your hair and the shedding is still heavy then girl you have a crisis.But I think its just the old hair that has shedd on a daily basis. Be gentle to your hair

thanks ....yall are life savers...im going to go to the bss and buy the products yall advised me to purchase....thank you so much...I appreciate the love.
rosebud.gif

I don't suggest that you douse your hair with water or anything after just taking out your braids. You should part your hair in sections and gently comb thru with a wide tooth comb and some detangle, not to much but just enough to help you work through the kinks. I don't know how long you've had your braids in but when I would keep mine in up to 3 mos. you have a lot of build up at the root of the braid from hair that shed but just got caught at the base of the braid because it had no where to go and all of products that I used. Wetting your hair without combing it first would only make matters worse. I wet my hair once without combing it thinking that would make it easier but between the product buildup and all of that hair that would have shed had it been out, it caused my hair to dread because all of that hair and product where still where the beginning of my braid was. Know what I mean? It took a very long time to detangle it but not without losing a whole lot more hair than I should have.

I don't suggest that you douse your hair with water or anything after just taking out your braids. You should part your hair in sections and gently comb thru with a wide tooth comb and some detangle, not to much but just enough to help you work through the kinks. I don't know how long you've had your braids in but when I would keep mine in up to 3 mos. you have a lot of build up at the root of the braid from hair that shed but just got caught at the base of the braid because it had no where to go and all of products that I used. Wetting your hair without combing it first would only make matters worse. I wet my hair once without combing it thinking that would make it easier but between the product buildup and all of that hair that would have shed had it been out, it caused my hair to dread because all of that hair and product where still where the beginning of my braid was. Know what I mean? It took a very long time to detangle it but not without losing a whole lot more hair than I should have. Hope this helps

PUH-LEEEEEEEESSEE do not wash your hair before you detangle. No matter what conditioner you use if you do this, you will end up with tangles and knots. This happened to me last year when i took my braids out. you're really going to have to treat your hair like silk and take out each tangle one by one, before you wash and then afterwards your hair should be tangle free. hope this helps you out
smile.gif

Hi Melissa...welcome to LHCF.

I see we have two different ways of handling this hair crisis.

Ladies, I was wondering if the advice you offered was based on whether the hair is relaxed vs. natural.

Melissa, is your hair relaxed, natural or other?

Peace

My hair is natural.....I recently finished transistioning......I cut off all of my permed ends right before I put in the braids...its type 3b\c....but during my transistion phase I flat ironed my hair almost every week for months...I didnt know how much damage I was putting in my hair until now....thats the reason for braids to give my hair a rest and time to recover .

My hair is still in a headtie so Im probably not going to do anything to it until tonight...so that I can get everyone's thoughts on what I should do and then I make the rightdecision

My hair is relaxed so I won't be able to advise one way or the other. I would suggest doing a search in this forum to see what else you might come up with until the others jump in.

Peace

[ QUOTE ]
I don't suggest that you douse your hair with water or anything after just taking out your braids. You should part your hair in sections and gently comb thru with a wide tooth comb and some detangle, not to much but just enough to help you work through the kinks. I don't know how long you've had your braids in but when I would keep mine in up to 3 mos. you have a lot of build up at the root of the braid from hair that shed but just got caught at the base of the braid because it had no where to go and all of products that I used. Wetting your hair without combing it first would only make matters worse. I wet my hair once without combing it thinking that would make it easier but between the product buildup and all of that hair that would have shed had it been out, it caused my hair to dread because all of that hair and product where still where the beginning of my braid was. Know what I mean? It took a very long time to detangle it but not without losing a whole lot more hair than I should have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree DO NOT douse your hair with water , detangle first if not your hair will dread and you may wind up losing all the length you gained.

Back