Hair coloring

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I want to color my hair as I'm fed up of seeing it just brown. I am apprehensive because I heard that color can damage the hair.

I've only colored my hair once before when it was relaxed and hair hair was fine but I'm not to sure now as my hair is natural.

What do you guys recommend that won't be harsh on my hair?

i have the same question. :yep: i've heard a lot about henna and this dominican product called color showers (i think). you might want to search threads for those. but i'd be interested in what others say.

Are you looking for something natural? If so, I recommend henna. For some it's too much work, but the benefits (color, conditioning, shine, thicker hair, strengthens the hair) completely outweigh the negatives (time cnsuming, can be messy, stains). My natural color is off-black - black. My hair turned a deep burgandy color in the sun, and looked like a burgandy rinse indoors.

Are you looking for something natural? If so, I recommend henna. For some it's too much work, but the benefits (color, conditioning, shine, thicker hair, strengthens the hair) completely outweigh the negatives (time cnsuming, can be messy, stains). My natural color is off-black - black. My hair turned a deep burgandy color in the sun, and looked like a burgandy rinse indoors.
can you get different colors by using henna? I really don't know much about it but I will research.

can you get different colors by using henna? I really don't know much about it but I will research.

You can get a range of colors if you mix it with indigo, depending on the current color of your hair. I would read this e-book http://www.hennaforhair.com/freebooks/hennaforhair.pdf
Page 49 has a chart of the different colors you can get. I have instructions on how I do it in my fotki.

This is how henna colored my hair. I took this with flash, but it looked this color in the sun:

This is what it looks like indoors:

Back