Hair Color

A

AmilLion

I would like to apply a rinse to my hair, but because of my recent experience, I will not allow another beautician to touch my hair. My hair is actually a dark brown color, however, my hair is sun sensitive meaning that it begins to lighten rather easily in the sun.

I would like to retain a deep dark brown color (kind of like 1B). What products do you suggest and what colors? Is Sebastian Colorshines any good? What will give me minimal damage? Is rinses damaging? Can I apply a rinse, 2 weeks after relaxing? I had my hair relaxed saturday, when would be a good idea to put in the rinse? Should I wait until my next touch-up? How to apply a rinse without damaging my hair? Should I try a semi-permanent?

Thanks again for the help ladies!!!

I was a Sebastian Color shines user and I just tried Adore for the first time and I'm all about Adore for now on... Colorshines costs like $20 compared to $4 for Adore and IMO Adore works better. I bought two colors Paprika and Darkest Brown. Adore colors my gray better than any other semi. So before you plop down all that cash on ColorShines My advice is to try Adore.

I have a permenant color in my hair so I used the Paprika to lighten it up a bit and add some red tones to it.... I used the darkest brown just on one section around my hairline to hide the gray and it worked great.

Rinses are not damaging. You can use them the same day as a relaxer. I have a stubborn grey patch right in the front so I use a small toothbrush and use semi to cover it up at least 3 times a week with no damage... but that was with the Sebastian CS... The Adore is just better for me... It even lasted through a wash this morning.

[ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend loves adore. She uses it all of the time and her hair (and the color) is beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl Adore is the bomb.. I had seen folks talking about it but I try not to buy everything that's talked about on these boards because my pocket book doesn't have it like that.. but this is one product I wish I would have gotten a looongg time ago.

Adore is really good. I've used the Sienna Brown, and I love the dark brown color it gives me.
smile.gif

If you want longer lasting color, Amillion, and you feel your hair can tolerate a mild developer I'd say try Clairol Natural Instincts...it's mild and it doesn't damage the hair. It's a demi-perm - which will allow you to apply far less often. I would wait tho, until you are sure there's no major concerns to consider after your recent bad experience.
smile.gif
Once that's done, check out this site http://www.naturalinstincts.com and see if you like anything there.

If you want truly semi-perm, Adore is also good - but as you may know Colorshines is my personal fav...
grin.gif
It bleeds less, and it lasts longer than Adore. It IS harder to apply at home tho (the consistency is more gel-like while the Adore is more creamy) - so if home application is really important and you want to ensure the easiest application I would say try the Adore. It also covers better because Sebastian is designed to deposit translucent color while Adore's is meant to be slightly more opaque.

I love Softsheen Rejuvatone. It lasts through several washings. Warm Brown and Darkest Brown are a couple of the colors.

[ QUOTE ]
Does Sally's sell Adore?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen it at Sally's... just the Asians.

Several online stores sell Adore. I'm thinking about trying this since there have been so many raves about it. Just to see if I like it better than Rejuvatone.

Adore Adore Adore I heard so much about it I finally found it in a BSS in Brooklyn and brought 5 bottles!

Of course I brought the Crystal Clear, Fushia, Hot Pink, Crimson and Magenta...as you can tell my hair is in the plum/burgundy family.

Being that is costs about the same price as Jazzing (and I love Jazzin) I would give it a try...beats spending 100.00 at the salon (the fancy salon) for a dang RINSE!

[ QUOTE ]
Adore Adore Adore I heard so much about it I finally found it in a BSS in Brooklyn and brought 5 bottles!

Of course I brought the Crystal Clear, Fushia, Hot Pink, Crimson and Magenta...as you can tell my hair is in the plum/burgundy family.

Being that is costs about the same price as Jazzing (and I love Jazzin) I would give it a try...beats spending 100.00 at the salon (the fancy salon) for a dang RINSE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I like your hair color @ PepperAnne but I doubt if your shade would be complimenting for me. Thanks for the suggestion guys, I think i'll pick up the Adore.

Back