Hair color cam out too DARK!!!!!

marie

I decided to put a rinse on my hair. I chose Clariol Beautiful Collection in Dark Warm Brown. The swatch was a perfect shade of brown but the result was darker. My hair looks black. I was aiming for a very dark brown. Any suggestion on what I should do? I know it will rinse out but I just want it to be a little lighter. I would hate to rinse this color out and start with a new color.

You sure it's black? Because for YEARS I thought I had black hair, when it's actually medium brown. LOL. So once you dry your hair, pick up a few of your ends and hold it up to the light. Your hair just might be that very dark brown, it's just when all your length comes together, it looks black. HTH.

That happened to me, I chose a dark brown rinse and I thought I looked like a witch :look:. Just wash your hair a few times, shoot clarify it. The color will come right out...luckily its only a rinse :yep:

What color was your hair to begin with?

Rinses can't lighten hair, they just add color. unless your color was VERY light before (all hair color swatches are done on white swatches of hair), then it wouldn't have ended up like the swatch.

if you're trying to lighten, you could try using clairol luminize. i use that to lift the color on my hair.

i used a clairol rinse last month, and the color's still in my hair. i lightened it yesterday, and now my color's gorgeous (the rinse color hasn't faded very much), but those rinse colors last FOREVER if you process them with heat (like i did).

how did you apply the rinse? depending on how you did it, you might be stuck with it for a while.

What color was your hair to begin with?

Rinses can't lighten hair, they just add color. unless your color was VERY light before (all hair color swatches are done on white swatches of hair), then it wouldn't have ended up like the swatch.

if you're trying to lighten, you could try using clairol luminize. i use that to lift the color on my hair.

i used a clairol rinse last month, and the color's still in my hair. i lightened it yesterday, and now my color's gorgeous (the rinse color hasn't faded very much), but those rinse colors last FOREVER if you process them with heat (like i did).

how did you apply the rinse? depending on how you did it, you might be stuck with it for a while.

I applied the color after my hair was about 50% dry. I then sat under the dryer for about 20 minutes. My hair was the color that shows in my avatar.

I know Clairol used to make this color corrector that can take out semi-permanent colors without damaging the hair. Its in a clear bottle and it looks like oil. You can also do a hot oil treatment to take it out.

Back