Hair care tips from my homegirl in Brooklyn, N.Y.-

DREAMGIRL

goldensugar
(5/19/03 8:05:04 pm)
Reply re:back on the road to beautiful hair
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
as the others have responded..u have recieved very helpful information...i have been where u were with the over-use of protein.my hair was already dry b/c of chemical bleach services i was incorporating to it.However with the advice of a hairdresser(sounds familair) she adviced me to add protein to my hair..i asked her how often.She adviced me as often as possible.well..1 1/2 months hair damaging i found this board and my hair has grown to 23 inches shiny and bouncy.i will tell u what i do maybe it will help.first i go to the hairdresser but only for a wash and set every 7 days.i use ultra moisterizing shampoo and a deep conditioner for 15 minutes under the hooded dryer.then i use a instant conditioner.i suggest infusium revitalizing conditioner..leaves ur hair very silky...now u mentioned u was not sure of what setting lotion to use.i dont use a setting lotion i use a leave-in conditioner.my favorite is hair mayonaise by organics.it has natural ingrediants infused in it.i also add 1/4 of olive oil to it for softness and moisture.then i sit under the dryer for 45 minutes.when the curlers r pulled out i usually do not need anything else to add to my hair.the olive oil in the leave-in makes my hair shiny soft and very moisturized.after that i wrap with silk scarf and go.i use a little fantasia ic polisher on my ends during the week.and i wrap with their wrapping lotion...and my hair looks quite healthy even with the bleach still growing out...i hope u can use some of this.

dance7.gif
fan.gif

Back