Hair care tips for my 15yr old daughter's 3B hair!

sjarman13

Hair care tips for my 15yr old daughter\'s 3B hair!

My daughter has waistlength hair (when stretched). She rips and tears at it every day. I try to tell her some tips I've gotten from this site, but I really want her to read and learn for herself. /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

Is there a website dedicated to hair similar to hers that I can make her go to and get tips! I know that she won't take the time to read through all the posts from this board to get the info. she needs! It makes me cringe to see how she treats her hair.

Thanks ladies!

Re: Hair care tips for my 15yr old daughter\'s 3B hair!

Is there any way for you to search for specific solutions to her hair woes? I have a 13 yr old sis (who I've created numerous topics about in here) and what I've found that works is, I look for one thing about her hair routine that's wrong, search the boards for the answer, and I simplify it real well for her. I even go out and get her the tool or the products that are needed and I make sure that a lot isn't required (she likes simple and quick). I think I started her with wearing a bonnet at night. Once she got that down and did it concistently, I moved her onto something else. I learned that getting her to change everything that's wrong with her routine overwhelms her. I, um, also keep her hair in braids now /images/graemlins/look.gif less to worry about /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hope you get some other suggestions!

My little sister loves doing her own hair and she tries to comb through her hair with fine tooth combs and ends up ripping out a lot of it. I just keep her hair (or tell my mom to do it lol) in protective styles. Individual braids she can through in a ponytail or style, cornrows, a lot of braided styles. This way she can still play in her hair without 'real' manipulation. Oh, and as far as sites, you can check out Naturally Curly. HTH

I would also recommend naturally curly in addition to this site.

Back