Hair care products as skin care too?

envybeauty

I wonder if anyone on here uses hair care products on the rest of their body. My grandmother used to grease my scalp and then rub the oil left on her hands on my legs. She did the same when she did her own hair.

Today, I rubbed some coconut oil on my face and I pray I don't break out. I REALLY need something to moisturize my skin. I was tempted to use mango butter but thought to go with something simplier.

So....who gets the most bang for their buck by buying something that they use on their hair AND skin? what do you use and how?

I use emu oil on my scalp & face. Monoi, Jojoba or Cocnut oil on my skin (mixed with lotion) and on my hair.

I'm laughing....I had coconut oil on my hair last night....took the drips and rubbed in on my face...let myself have a 2-for-1 treatment..

When I got in the shower to rinse out, I just washed my face with Clinique...skin was nice and smooth.:D

I also like using the Hot Six/Wonder 8 oil on my hair as well as my skin.

All of my natural oils and butters I use on my face as well as my hair. Honey too. I make a very moisturizing mask for my skin with royal jelly, honey, chardonnay grape seed oil and olive butter. I mix a little with my deep conditioner and condition my hair while I have the mask on my face.

I multi-purpose plenty of ingredients I use for my hair for my skin/face too:
-honey (mask)
-aloe juice (toner)
-acv (toner)
-grapeseed oil (as a facial moisturizer)
-shea butter (facial moisturizer)
-African black soap (facial wash)

I also have heard of plenty of folks using products like Oyin's whipped butter for their bodies.

All of the oils that I use on my hair do double duty on my body. I am loving jojoba oil on my face right now. I have heard that coconut oil is great for the face too!

I use hair conditioners that I don't like that much as shaving lotion for my legs. I've tried coconut oil and shea butter on my rough elbows & knees, but they didn't do too much.

I use shea butter, ACV, aloe vera gelly, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and honey on both my hair and skin. They all work like a charm in both capacities. :up:

Jojoba and grapeseed oils are good for my skin and hair, especially jojoba :up:
I've been bathing with my new Burt's Bees shampoo lately. It smells like raspberries :lick:
I have an "herbal tonic" spray from Earth Science that I use on my hair, face, and body. Sometimes when I get out of the shower I just spray it head to toe all over. It smells like almonds or something. :lick:
I like stuff that smells good :lol:

I've used all of the oils that were too heavy for my hair as moisturizers for my skin(not the face) I put them on damp skin then towel dry

I use conditioners as shaving lotion

I use Aloe vera gel on my face and hair

I use sweet almond oil on my face and hair

I have used tea tree oil on my scalp and my SO uses it to for razor bumps on his face and to treat his feet

I love coconut and olive oil. I made a body and facial scrub from one of the threads here out of olive oil and baking soda. My skin loved it. It's great for the winter but I think it'd be too heavy for summer.

I use honey, evoo, jojoba oil, shea butter, and castor oil for my face (not all at the same time though, lol). I like using evoo on my legs after shaving.

Back