Hair Care Journey and Paranoia???

monhow

In late October '09, I was searching the net for tips on how to care for my 2yo daugther's nature hair and came across LHCF. Before this, I did not know that black woman were discussing how to grow healthy hair. Although I did not have solid knowledge of hair care, my hair always grew fast and long. And, through salon visits growing up, I knew what to do and what not to do. However, the discovery of LHCF and other sites have opened me up to a whole new world. I have learned so much and now can pass on some great knowledge to my daughter when she is old enough to care for her own hair.

The current state of my hair is not what I know it should be, so I have decided to start my own hair journey. But, with the knowledge and new hair goals, I also noticed that I am more paranoid than ever. Before now, I used to comb my hair and not care about any "snaps, crackle or pops" that I heard. Hair that fell to the floor or on the sink did not bother me. Now, my attention to these things may ultimately drive me insane.

I started wondering if any other LHCF'ers are/have experienced this at the beginning of their journey. I am sure that I am not alone, but wonder when my nerves will begin to calm. Share your thoughts and stories.

Hair Goal: Healthy Hair - APL by September 2010

Yes. I have learned a lot here on LHCF....but the constant hair research and blogging does make you paranoid..I had no idea about the hair on the floor now i look and sometimes count lmao:lachen:.

So you may need a hair break from time to time. I took 3 months off that i needed this past october. Now i am back but not nearly as paranoid and obsessive.

HHG

When i found this site my hair was going down hill. And i realised that the things that i thought were wasting my time (deep conditioning) were the things that were most important. I was gonna stay relaxed but as my mother ran the relaxer through to the ends twice, i knew after a while that the breakage will never stop, even after hardcore protien treatments and trims. So i decided to just go natural as i can't trust anyone with my hair. So i'm almost 5 month post relaxer and doing well. I still get broken hair but right now there's not much i can do.

That is my story so far. The best thing to do is search some old threads especially the progress ones.

Back