HAIR BREAKING AT THE ROOT...AND I DONT KNOW WHY (CRYING)!!

knottyaaverage

i am soooo fvcking mad! i have been doing everything to take care of my hair. i just noticed that the same spots where my hair had broken to the roots that brought me to this board are broken again!!!!!!!!! 2 weeks ago my mom gave me a touch up and underprocessed. my hair was longer but felt and was visibly thinnner, i figured it was because i had just got a touch up. 2 big handfuls of hair came out when she detangled before applying the perm and after she washed out the dc. i was crying. sooo much. i was combing my hair from the tips up for the past 2 months. not from the roots cuz i read it's not good to comb from the roots with thick ng. well i was still washing and dc every week, but when it was time to detangle after the wash i wasnt always combing from the root on down. now that my hair is done it was feeling better, smoother, softer and longer, but now im 2 weeks post and my roots are crunchy again. there's half an inch of roots and the parts where my hair felt flat i can now feel that they are broken down to the root!!!! they are able to be covered, but i just cannot believe im back at this place.:cry3:on top of that, the length is dry and breaking. when i comb my hair back i get several strands. today i parted and moisturized and about 15-20 strands came out. i just dont understand :nono: my regimen is in my fotki. im doing everything right. im so upset. im soooooo upset. all of my progress. just gone. i need help

Knotty! :bighug: I was just about to write you to ask how your hair was doing :(

I'm about to go look at your fotki to check out your reggie.......

I'm so sorry to hear that. I read your regimen, it doesn't seem like you are using protein heavily, so I'm not sure why your hair is doing that. That's sucks -- lay off the heat- stop blow drying the roots. Last time that happened to me, it was because of the perm. What relaxer did you use? You have to use LYE. That store brand box stuff is crap --really it is. That NO LYE crap will dry you up and make your hair fall out. I would concentrate on moisture and no/little heat on my hair until the next touch up and get use LYE.

Good luck

sorry this is happening to you

do you moisturise your ng along with the length of your hair esp at the demarcation line ??

Your reggie seems good.... The only things I can think of that may be causing this is

-Your relaxer- Like a pp said, try switching to lye
-How often you relax- Maybe your hair can't handle stretching too long
-Low mani- It seems that your hair gets really tangled when you don't comb it, and you end up losing more hair because of it. Try gently combing your hair once a day or every other day
-Heat- I know you don't use it often, but cut it out completely. If your hair doesn't like airdrying, dry under a hood dryer

Maybe you could get cornrows for a couple of weeks to give you and your hair a break. I really hope you figure out what the problem is :needhug:

Hi Love---don't know if I can offer much input but I didn't notice what supplements you were taking daily. I had a similar crisis not too long ago. Turns out my iron was extremely low. One week of a multivitamin put a complete stop to this. Just a thought.

Your reggie seems good.... The only things I can think of that may be causing this is

-Your relaxer- Like a pp said, try switching to lye
-How often you relax- Maybe your hair can't handle stretching too long
-Low mani- It seems that your hair gets really tangled when you don't comb it, and you end up losing more hair because of it. Try gently combing your hair once a day or every other day
-Heat- I know you don't use it often, but cut it out completely. If your hair doesn't like airdrying, dry under a hood dryer

Maybe you could get cornrows for a couple of weeks to give you and your hair a break. I really hope you figure out what the problem is :needhug:

Thank ya'll all so much. i really dont know what happened. i really want to switch to lye but i dont know which one's best and i dont want my hair to fall out anymore! im combing everyday about once. as gentle as possible. and the last relaxer i got was 7 weeks post, because i got an inch of growth using gro aut oil. i haaaad to touch up. do you think that was the cause?

When I had my hair like in my siggy, I did alot of moisturizing but not enough protein. So when I took my twists out, my hair was extremely elastic and just popping off.

I now make sure I balance moisture and protien and my hair is doing much better.

Good luck on your APL journey.

When this happened to me years ago, it turned out that I had not neutralized the relaxer very well. Now I make sure to rinse the relaxer thoroughly (I probably spend 4 minutes just rinsing out the relaxer alone). Then I wash my hair with neutralizing shampoo at least twice, each time leaving the shampoo in for 5 minutes. Then I follow up with a neutralizing/acidifying conditioner (and again leave that in for 5 minutes) and then I deep condition.

Hi Love---don't know if I can offer much input but I didn't notice what supplements you were taking daily. I had a similar crisis not too long ago. Turns out my iron was extremely low. One week of a multivitamin put a complete stop to this. Just a thought.

thanx for that info :yep:. i have been flaking on my vits. dont know if i can attribute that to a patch on my scalp tho :sad: im just really confused by my hair and at my wits end.

Back