Hair Breakage

Quinette

Hi ladies, I was wondering if someone could help me. For the past two or three weeks my hair has been breaking like crazy. If I run my hand down the lenth of my ponytail and close it at the end I get these little bitty hairs on my hand. I tried doing an aphogee treatment when I first started to notice the breakage but that didn't seem to work. My hair is also shedding alot. My hair is about an inch or two past my shoulders, I am relaxed, my last relaxer was in May, I wash once a week and deep condition once a week, I do not use heat very often maybe once a month if that, I try not to comb or brush to much, so for the most part I twist it in kind of a french roll and pin it and I sleep in a satin bonnet. I have not trimmed in about 3 months could that be why? Could it be stress? My ends are always really dry even if I baggy. Whenever I rollerset (or try) after a few days I notice more breakage.I also noticed that it doesn't seem to be getting longer, but it is thicker. Any help would be apperciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I had the same problem, what worked for me was changing my moisturizer. Make sure that the moisturizer you use is not just oily water :lachen:(if that makes sense). I have found that moisturizers that go on wet and greasy tends to makes my hair knot up, matt, break, and shedd like crazy. What I have been using is ORS carrot oil (only on my NG, I'm 17 weeks post) and Aveda USC on the length of my hair. Also I use castor oil to seal because this is the only oil that does not make my hair feel hard and stiff.

i know its expensive but i think your breakage will be resolved with 1 application of Aveda DR. seriously.... you will kick yourself when you see how little hair you loose... like duh why didnt i try this earlier. give it a try. and if it dont work you can always take it back!

Back