Hair breakage in natural hair???? & Random bald spot

*~Mocha~*

I thought I was safe from this when I went natural. Well I just found a random bald spot I never noticed before in the middle of my hair! It feels irritated and itchy. This use to happen when my hair was DAMAGED from weaves and relaxers. I dont know what to do! any suggestions or ideas on what this may be?

I know I have 2 weak spots in my head but its because I always poull on the hair in that area. Also my hair is shorter in those areas. Have you been wearing your hair in weaves? Do you wear buns/ponytails in that area?

I hope someone chimes in that can help you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you shampoo your hair, do you rinse the shampoo out thoroughly every time? When you said that your scalp is itchy and irritated, that's what came to mind. Also, maybe you should test the products you use on your scalp.

If u are using a sulfate shampoo that could be the culprit. Some people are very allergic to SLS/SLES and experience itching and hairloss from it. Sulfates are known allergens. U may also want to try switching to other natural products to see if that helps. Also, after u wash don't put anything on ur scalp, this includes conditioner because residue can cause itching.

Lastly if it doesn't get better go see a dermatologist. You may have a scalp infection. I really hope that helps.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

My brother used to have bald patches because his hair was breaking off from extreme dryness and rubbing against a cotton pillowcase every night. I bought him a satin pillowcase and after a month and a half those patches filled in. After that I got him started on weekly DCs with AO HSR and his hair really became thick and healthy.

Back