Hair breakage from sleeping on the same side???

curtrece

I am finding that the right side of my hair has a little breakage and is a bit shorter than the left side. This is also the side that I sleep on, even though I do wrap up in a satin scarf and bonnet. Has anyone else experienced this?

You might want to try a wrap from Salley's Beauty Supply...it is impregnated with conditioner to keep your hair smooth...they even have one impregnated with hair growth oil...It is also very stretchy but does not catch on your hair...yet it keeps every thing in place. Satin tends to slide around on me...and ends up leaving my sides or back exposed to the pillow...which if it is cotton...will catch and snag my hair.

I'm a wild sleeper...and usually end up on my right side...but this wrap helps tremendously...and I spray with Surge before I go to bed too...

When the wrap gets dirty...I simply wash it with my clothes...then dry it...then spritz it with hair oil and let that dry...and then begin using it again...I use it for 3 to 4 weeks at a time before I wash it.

Inever thought about that. My hair is shorter on teh right also. Pookeylou what are these wraps called at Sally's? I want to get one.

I saw those at Sally's but was hesitant to buy one since I'm not sure about the conditioner in it. But I kind of like the idea of spritzing my satin scarf with hair oil.
But when the hair is shorter on one side (like the one we sleep on), is it really breaking or is it something else? This is happening to me but I don't see any hair breaking. My pillowcase and scarf are satin and I'm not that wild of a sleeper. My hair seems not to be growing as fast on that side.

i wish I could remember the name of it...Look in the DOO RAG area... they only cost $1.99...very cheap...but very effective.

I’ve never experienced this but a co-worker came to me the other day frantic because there was a spot in the middle/front of her head that was literally rubbed away because of the way she tied her scarf. She would make a knot at the top of her head in the same spot every nite. Her hair in that spot was down to the nubbies before she noticed.

Aww thanks Isis! Unfortuantely that is just the water weighing it down some. I still have quite a bit to go before I hit waist length.
ohwell.gif
What I wouldn't do for a shorter torso!
laugh.gif

Back