Hair Breakage from headbands

TayMac

My go to for work has been a ponytail or bun with a headband in front to keep hair out of my face. Well now it looks like I cut the front of my hair into bangs and the rest of my hair is SL to CBL.

What can I do to help my hair? Obviously I stopped with the plastic headbands...but is a ponytail still bad because I'm brushing my hair?

Well that stinks :-( The headband might have been too tight. I agree with natural2008, try a silk scarf headband if you really feel the need to wear one. If not, I personally would stop wearing headbands to give your hair a chance to grow back.

If you're going to do ponytails every day, try to alternate the location because the constant strain is going to cause breakage. This happened to me once. So maybe one day high ponytail, then next day lower ponytail.

Thanks! I don't have to wear a headband. We wear scrubs at work so I feel plain and look like and onion head without something.

A few days ago I posted (on my blog and youtube) how I use a nylon stocking to create a headband. It's basic but gets the job done without causing breakage. TayMac

Back