Hair Breakage from Color...Help Me LHCF Sisters

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Hey Sisters,

This is so strange to me because I rarely experience breakage. However, this summer I put a permanent color in. It was dark brownish with a hint of red. However, I thought it was kinda drab, so I put some highlights across the top in the crown section. It was really cute.

There weren't any problems at first but now my hair is breaking from the line of new growth and the highlight area.

I have done treatments by Aphogee and Motion CPR, but what else can I do. I have gotten so frustrated that I cut about three inches of my hair to make it even all around (which was an ends problem not a highlight problem) but to cut the highlights out would look choppy and bad.

Give me some LHCF help. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Hi, I don't really have much advice. It is slow on the weekend so you may get more responses on Monday.

The Aphogee treatment made breakage I had in the past worst. Nexxus Emergencee seems to be gentler on the hair though it hasn't completely stopped my breakage. Others have had success with this and Dudley DRC-28.

I had the same problem as you, I actualy applied relaxer to colored hair. I did Aphogee treatments every six weeks, Nexxus Emergencee once a month, washed every 3 days, deep conditon 2x per week, no heat, and hardly no manipulation of the hair; except for putting it in a ponytail with a baggie. In addition, I extended my relaxer out for about 6 months, moisturized 2-3x per day with UBH Moisturizer. I also gave myself small trims to get rid of some of the damage.

My hair has gradually transformed, I no longer experience the extreme breakage I had before. The whole process of bringing your hair back to health is going to take time. I have been babying my hair back for almost a year, and most of the colored hair has grown out. The other alternative would be to cut it in a short style. I am sure others will give you more info soon. HTH

KD!!! I had a similar problem last month. I had the stylist put in a semi-permanent color and my hair started acting crazy. It felt like yarn after I washed it!! It was so dry. Although it may seem like you need to do a bunch of protein treatments, what you probably need is a lot of deep moisturing treatments. This is what I did and now my hair is almost completely back to normal. I washed once or twice a week. After each wash, i did a cholestrol treatment with heat! Then, if my hair was still dry after rinsing that out, I added a pea size amount of cholestrol to my hair and left it in there. Then, I used my leave-in conditioner and S-curl and pinned it up into a bun w/the ends tucked under.

LL, I assume that you are natural. I only wash my hair once a week because of the relaxer. I don't like the conditioner washes. Did you mix the oil with the protein?

That happened to me a few years ago. I had applied permanent color over my relaxed hair and my hair became so dry and eventually was breaking. So I had to cut my hair and start all over again. I strictly did Queen Helene's cholesterol treatments and roller sets every week. And I wore my hair in a bun for the first six months. And with in a year my hair regained moisture and length.

Back