Hair breakage due to hair's pH

dicapr

After my jack-lax in July my hair has not been the same. My hair was raised and felt off every since my touch-up. I re-neutralized my hair but it didn't help. I DC'd and used protein but the hair still felt off. I started experiencing breakage and that is not something I was used to. I was about to make an appointment to get my hair cut and was afraid I would have to chop 2-3 inches off just to stop the breakage. Because I do not have a stylist I was reluctant to walk into a salon and have someone do my hair. I decided to stop by the BSS and buy some Aphogee leave. It stopped my breakage immedately. I saturated my hair in the leave in and the texture of my hair started to correct immediately. As I pulled it through the amount of breakage halved immediatley. I braided up the hair and by this morning there were no broken pieces in my hair. The conditioner said it would balance the pH of your hair and that is the only thing I could think that would stop breakage in its tracks- literally as soon as it touched my hair. I am so happy right now. I will end up cutting about an inch of my hair, but at least I know that my hair is restored and I can still see progress when I get my next touch up!

Interesting theory...but I generally give very little credit to what is written on hair products. The knowledge I've gotten from hair boards showed me that most of it is crap.

It's possible. My hair is very - sensitive - to being at a higher pH than it prefers to be at - since I've been doing consistent acidic rinses, my hair has been VERY happy.
And since relaxers are alkaline - I can see that working for you. :yep: As a note, an ACV rinse might do the same thing. ;)

Back