Hair braiding question

LAYDEE

I plan on getting my hair braided-alittle bigger than micros and loose on the ends---usually when i get this style i use wet and wavy hair. Someone just suggested that i use Kanekalon instead. What do the LHCF ladies think? Please help.

I prefer using human hair, it's been my experience that the kankelion hair gets tangled and matted looking after a week. :perplexed I too just returned to the C&G method.....GL on your decision.

I always use human hair. My favorite kind is deep wave. You can see my album for pics. It comes out of the package ready to wear. Never tried kenekalon.

I think it depends on your regimen and how you'd like to style your braids if you'd like to style them. I've used Kanekalon alot when i was younger and let the ends loose I could bend it or curl it with an iron so it was a frugle way to get that type of look as opposed to yaki human hair and I loved it then.

Nowadays though I prefer wet & wavy, because of the versatility of care, being able to stand in the shower and let the water rinse through it everyday and then go, spray s-curl and go, oil it and go, shampoo my scalp and even condition with it. I think it lasts longer as well and is not as harsh. If I'm not mistaken kanekalon has some type of coating that should be cleansed in boiled water & vinegar or something like that. But I think you would be fine with either, it's more about preference, just think about your lifestyle.

Thanks for all the replies ladies.The female that made the suggestion to me wasn't listening when i said i wanted to have the ends loose.:ohwell: I knew i wasn't crazy. Usually when i used kanekalon it was always braided to the end. I thought she found out something new about kanekalon so i jumped my butt right on LHCF to get myself up to date.:lachen:Thanks again.

I'd stick with the wet and wavy human hair. I know there are so many different kinds of human and synthetic hairs out there, but I've always been partial to wet and wavy hair when it comes to having braids with loose ends. But to each her own when it comes to having braids and the care that comes with them.

Whatever you decide, I hope your braids come out looking beautiful. :)

I use Kanekalon hair because I like one uniform straight look. It allows me to condition my scalp properly and it doesn't slip or slide over the two months I leave it in. I haven't used human hair. It's way to expensive at my BSS.

IrisDaVirus said:
I'd stick with the wet and wavy human hair. I know there are so many different kinds of human and synthetic hairs out there, but I've always been partial to wet and wavy hair when it comes to having braids with loose ends. But to each her own when it comes to having braids and the care that comes with them.

Whatever you decide, I hope your braids come out looking beautiful. :)

cosign on wet n wavy... my experience with deep wave is that it is pretty when it is first done, but it tangles and starts looking a mess pretty quickly...

Back