Hair Braiding Machine

Has anyone here seen this tool used in person? The fact that they don't have video demo'ing how it works with close in shots of the process and results is a problem. Why do they think anyone would order sight unseen based on a series of still pics?

I did a search and saw a few similar braiding machines. No video of them in action. I vaguely remember seeing these sort of things before. One of the brands (Conair) actually has some reviews on Amazon.

I have seen videos of it. Seems to be more trouble than it is worth. Some things are just hand arts....

I'd be afraid it would snag my strands.
I see it live on one of those training heads each time I'm one of the BSS in Memphis...I always eye it wearily though because although it is nice, I wouldn't dare have a machine mess up my actual hair...a machine doesn't sound like it can adjust to different people or be gentle... *shrug*

ETA: the demo for such machines (twist/braid) is always on a type 1 person or bone straight hair...it is probably made for curious people(a toy really). Does not seem to be a functional piece for people who regularly are in braids

Last edited:
Back