Hair at the beach?

cutiepiesensei

Planning a beach vacation with my bf for later this summer. I've already started thinking though: what do I do with my hair? I'm NL/SL in the back, shorter on the sides, and I wear clip in extensions everyday (my hair has been a lot healthier recently :yep:) How should I wear it? There's not much I can do with my own short hair when it's wet. When wet, even though I'm relaxed, it still looks really really curly. My wet hair could easily be mistaken as natural, only the last inch or two is straight when wet. I'm not gonna lie, since I'll be with my man I still want to look cute lol. Or should I just do like I do at the pool and just throw it all up high on my head (extensions included) with a clip and not get my hair wet? I just really like going in the ocean water, and with waves being uncontrollable, I feel like my hair would get wet unintentionally.....and I know if they have jet skis I WILL be doing that. Any ideas?

Well, I wouldn't want my hair to fly off while jet skiing, so there's that. I do not see how you can keep your hair dry while skiing either. Basically, water activities will most likely result in wet hair.

Does your man know you wear clip ins?

I am thinking gel and slick it back or slicked back puff or wash and go.

Can you have fun if you are trying to avoid getting your hair wet?

Keep it simple.

Wear the clip-INS for non water related activities. Otherwise you will be touching your head all day.

Maybe you should get a sew in or braids or kinky twists temporarily.

Just let your hair be free. Deal with it when you get home. Wear a hat, cap, scarf or headband when out of the water, you know, something cute. You'll have more fun not having to worry about your hair :)

HanaKuroi lol yeah my man knows about my clipins. He said he doesn't care i wear em tho because they look like my hair anyway. He knows what my regular ole short hair looks like too. This is more for me trying to figure out something cute to do lol.

In all honesty, my hair probably won't stay dry....I like the water too much. Letting it just look crazy and focus on fun might be the move. Just wanted to see if it was possible to have fun and be cute at the same time lol. Probably will pull it all back into a banana clip or somethin...

I have this issue too. I'm gonig to the beach for my birthday and I've no clue what to do. I know I want my hair to look special but I don't want any troubles since my hair will get wet, with sea water no less

OP- Is your hair long enough to slick back into a bun? If not, instead of worrying about the security of clip ins, you can sew a few tracks where you would have normally placed the clip ins. Google or youtube: partial sew in. As long as the weave hair is a good match to your hair in texture- you should be fine.

Beach vacations should be relaxing and carefree, and the last thing you want to worry about is your hair. I will be going on a beach vacation in July and will be doing buns and french braids for swimming and half wigs for some glamour at night.

Come to think of it- you could even sew a half wig on to some cornrolls and use a headband in the front to cover the line of demarcation.

I was just at the beach this weekend. I had planned on doing wng but that didn't happen. I wore a high messy bun all weekend, even to dinner in my dress. If its long enough to get up there, this is the route to go.

Thanks for the help :) I'm probably going to be doing a bun with added hair to make it look "fuller" :) I have enough hair to do it, but just barely :/

I have hair left over from my last weave, and while it's old it's still in good shape so I'll try to do something creative lol

Whenever I go on vacations I always get sew ins. Because I never wear them, I dont worry about it damaging my hair. Also I can have fab hair super quick just in case we come to the hotel from the beach and want to go out for dinner and dancing. Wigs are a no go for obviously embarrasing reasons, and I dont like messing with my natural hair because I get frustrated if it doesn't look a certain way and I stay in the bathroom fussing with it. Stick with hair that's not bone straight so you wont have to deal with blending issues.

I think you would be cool with kinky twists because the hair stays pretty well, you coukd even do a sew-in as long as its not curly hair (matting).

Back