Hair Appointment Tomorrow... Nervous :(

RavenMaven

Hi ladies.
I've been transitioning for a month now,

I have been using MTG, BT, and Lenzi's request, all pretty much mixed up into a big bottle for a month. I've been protective styling with wigs... i have so much new growth, and it is all pretty manageable, my hair is soft and (relaxed, and new growth)

it surprised me to find that my new growth looks very straight, just a few waves i expected it to be curly and kinky.

I have had a relaxer for such a long time, and I am just really nervous to see how my style is going to come out. I usually get a wrap, but with all of this new growth... idk about that.

I also wanted to BC but my mom would go crazy if I did that... So do you think that I could get away with a few inches off? I have SL hair...

I guess I am getting anxiety about change. I am also scared about my hair falling out while she washes it or something? Anyone that has transitioned, can you please just let me know how your first salon visit went while you transitioned? What do I ask or look for?

Last edited:
Don't worry. Just speak up about what you want and I'm sure things will be fine. I've never completely transitioned but I did stretch for 6months and then went in for a press and curl. My hair was uber thick and kinky and dry and everything turned out fine great even. I left that salon with my hair swinging. Stupid me gave in a week later and relaxed though. :lachen: Good luck!

From what I hear from everyone, speak up. If she sucks her teeth because you have so much new growth don't listen. This is your hair and she's doing you a service by styling it. She's not a hair doctor and you don't have to listen. Stick to your guns and relax. I don't think your hair will break off in the sink. If she seems to be rough, say something and maybe educate her a little if she gets snippety. Tell her what you're doing (transitioning to natural), communication can go a long way. Good luck!

Back