hair after gym

Loves Harmony

Ive decide to get back in shape and i was wondering, should i do anything to my hair before or after the gym. Should i rinse it or wash it afterwards. I was looking for an past thread about the same thing but couldnt find it.
Im a natural 4a

I go to cheerleading practice 4 times a week and when i get home I don't do anything to it except moisturize it :perplexed
Of course, though, I wash it twice a week (co wash and shampoo). I get really sweaty too..

Congrats on getting in shape! Do you sweat alot in your head? If so you will need to remove the salt from your hair. If time permits I cowash, which I have been doing every other day. There have been times where I have been really busy w/ no time to cowash and I will soak a face cloth in the sink filled with water and conditioner and I will try to remove the salt with the facecloth. I then moisturize and scarf it up so I can style.

I workout five-six days a week and I sweat A LOT. I usually co-wash or rinse with water and moisturize daily.

I work out all the time also. I don't normally sweat a lot in my head, but when I do kick it up a notch, I use cotton balls and Aveda Light Elements Reviving Mist to remove the salt from my scalp. Also, you may want to look into dry shampoos as an alternative to cowashes, full shampoos and the whole 9 yards!

I could use some help with this. I'm a relaxed 4b & I just switched from cardio machines to classes which is leaves me soaked in sweat. I don't like wearing ponytails.

I may have to add some tracks to the back so that I can curl my ends.

I could use some help with this. I'm a relaxed 4b & I just switched from cardio machines to classes which is leaves me soaked in sweat. I don't like wearing ponytails.

I may have to add some tracks to the back so that I can curl my ends.
I do mostly cardio now about 3 times a week. I wash after every workout. I'm relaxed.....I did the same when I was natural.

I work out all the time also. I don't normally sweat a lot in my head, but when I do kick it up a notch, I use cotton balls and Aveda Light Elements Reviving Mist to remove the salt from my scalp. Also, you may want to look into dry shampoos as an alternative to cowashes, full shampoos and the whole 9 yards!

pinkskates do you have any recs for a dry shampoo? I attempted to cw every day after my workouts and it is just too much stress for my strands.

tia,
tishee

This is great Idea! I'm gonna try it with Ojon Revitalizing Mist.

Since I LIVE in the gym, and now that I have Senegalese twists, I just dilute my shampoo with water and run it through my twist and rinse well...all done in the shower. The twists saves my hair, and at the same time with my busy schedule, I don't have to do anything to my hair...just massage my MT morning and night. That's it!

I co wash after the gym. I sweat my hair out. I mean a lot. Im about to do that now I just came from the gym.

When my hair was longer and I'd go longer than a week without washing, I'd use Seabreeze on a cottonball to clean my scalp and that did the trick for me. I also try to walk 5 days a week, but I don't sweat heavy on my head.

Back