HAI eLite Tong Ionic Iron

ElegantExotic

Has anyone used the HAI eLite Tong Ionic Iron (the one with the curved plates)? http://www.folica.com/HAI_eLite_Tong__d1957.html

I am replacing my beloved HAI convertible, which I have had for 4 years, and it is just now starting to blink (I must add, after much abuse and wear and tear). I really liked it, but saw this model by them and want to try something new. Any reviews????

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Bumping, and adding more info:

Here are the full specs:
Create hairstyles like never before with the new HAI Tong! The curved crescent moon shape offers versatility to curl your hair in various directions. The adjustable temperature makes this tool perfect for all types of hair.

The 2” crescent moon shape of the Tong makes it ideal for creating circular smooth shapes, flipping hair up and under, as well as creating waves and alternating curls on medium to long hair. Features like the extended cord length, built-in surface protector and ergonomic non-slip grip make this newly shaped styling tool perfect for anyone who loves to create endless hairstyles.

Product Features:
• 2” curved ceramic plates
• Digital display
• Low EMF (Electro Magnetic Field)
• Made with Optimum Resonant Materials
• Far Infrared flash heating from 5 seconds
• Ergonomic Non-slip grip with build-in surface protectors
• Positive/Negative Ion-producing technology
• Extended cord that swivels a full 360 degrees
• Each styling iron features adjustable digital heat settings from 180°F to 410°F degrees.
• Includes convenient thermal bag! (Note: allow iron to cool slightly before placing in thermal bag.)

Hair Art and Information of San Diego, California, have created both HAIclassic and HAIelite fine ceramic styling tools and implements. The president of the company, Richard Ouellette is a hairdresser and an inventor who felt that stylists around the world needed tools that would allow them to enhance their creativity by straightening, smoothing, curling, and creating directional shape in hair. Our superior line of HAIelite Ceramic styling tools is salon developed for professionals by professionals, led by world-renowned designer Phillip Wilson through our six Southern California based Salons. The HAIelite tools are the latest addition to the company and were created with the most current innovations in materials and design.

INNOVATIONS IN TECHNOLOGY

O.R.M.
HAIelite prides itself in being leaders in innovation with new age ceramic tools providing stylists enhanced comfort effectiveness and creativity. The body of the HAIelite Fine Ceramic Styling Irons is designed with Optimum Resonant Materials consisting of Tourmaline, Serpentine and Chinon. This combination purifies, stabilizes and deodorizes hair. By emitting both negative and positive ions the ORM actually improves the condition of the hair!
Ceramic Fusion Technology
HAIelite utilizes “ceramic fusion” technology, the same used on Space Shuttle. Ceramic Fusion technology is the layering of a solid ceramic plate, a very thin layer of metal- (aluminum) to conduct consistent heat, then another layer of ceramic with a heater running through, offering surround heat- designed to last in a professional environment. Power fuses the two substances together preventing any rough spots, cold spots, chemical stains, or chipping, while insuring complete transmission of a high degree of far infrared rays. If it is good enough for NASA it is good enough for us.

MEGA Ion Producing Technology
HAIelite utilizes negative Ion technology – with the infusion of Tourmaline the HAIelite fine ceramic tools we increase the output of IONS that give off both positive and negative electrical charges that act as antioxidants which produce health. With the MEGA Ioninc technology we are able to entrap moisture in the hair and seals the cuticle for beautiful shine and condition.

Far-infrared Heating
Far Infrared heat works on an atomic level to ionically charge the hair. Far infrared heat locks in color and seals in moisture resulting in healthier hair. With the far-infrared heat, HAIelite ensures the professional hair designer protective control over various hair types and conditions, including chemically fragile and chemically straightened hair, by sealing in natural oils and moisture to the cuticle.

Innovations in Design
HAIelite fine ceramic tools offer flash heating in seconds, are superbly balanced, light in weight, attractive and extremely stylist friendly with 10-foot swivel chords to maximize work convenience. HAIelite Fine Ceramic Styling Irons have beveled edges, which are essential for complete control in straightening, curling or adding flip to the hair with a simple twist of the wrist. Built for professionals our circuit board heating elements have grommets to keep secure prior to soldered.

Professional Temperature Controls
HAIelite fine ceramic styling tools operate at 110 volts, 50 watts and are set at 170 degrees, with flash heating from .05 seconds. The digital heat adjusts from 60 degrees for fine hair and up to 390 degrees for straightening and controlling long, thick, curly and unruly hair.

I just purchased this at least about 15 minutes ago. Expressed it AIR. I will let you know how it turns out. I just couldn't resist buying it. From the reviews it looks fantastic. I also purchased the Sedu and Maxiglide. I want to compare them. I couldn't make up my mind and my husband was being very generous.

Ohhhh, girlie, please please please let me know how it goes!!! If you like it, I will purchase it!!! Can you post pics???????

Back