Haha! Afro Detangler update!

Blossssom

You may recall that I used AD for the first time last weekend.

I wasn't impressed with the comb-out. It was fine but nothing out of the extraordinary ;)

However, when I washed my locks today, my new growth (I'm 2-1/2 months post-relaxer) felt like BABY HAIR!

If I didn't know better, I would have thought I had just gotten a relaxer. It was that soft, manageable and SMOOTH!

I couldn't believe it! There wasn't a tangle ANYWHERE and the comb-out was fine too.

I highly recommend Afro Detangler for ladies transitioning from relaxed to natural, and for those ladies who have "arrived". It's truly effective for managing that new growth (if you're relaxed) and natural hair. You all should have PLENTY of hair!

I am TOO happy to report this! Good luck and Happy Mother's Day! ;)

jasmin said:
I'm really thinking of getting this but I'm going to have to get rid of a few things first.

Do you mean other products? I have a lot of hair products in my cabinet. Some I don't even use anymore. Almost empty bottles and such.

I know how that goes. When I first joined hair boards, I bought a lot of stuff and in the end, most products are the same... and you have to consider your hair type.

I have 4 a/b hair type and I swear that AD is for the common good.

If you decide to try it, Jasmin, please let us know what your experience is.

However, I am mixing the AD with the Mane 'n Tail for longevity reasons.

It's expensive but the texture is so smooth... I ran my comb through it today and there wasn't a knot/tangle to be found.

Should have bought it sooner... I swear *right hand* up :)

i waiting for mys to come thanks now i know it works:lol: you mix your with a little mane n tail con ? the leave in? oh and happy mother day to every body too

BeautifulWideEyes said:
This is what I need right now to get me through this extra stretch I'm debating on continuing or relax at my normal 16 wks.

Sugar, if this continues I may never relax again :lol:

Whew! :)

baby42 said:
i waiting for mys to come thanks now i know it works:lol: you mix your with a little mane n tail con ? the leave in? oh and happy mother day to every body too

Exactly :yep: Happy Mother's Day :kiss:

ok so... what exactly did you do with it? You just combed out with it...and left it in? Then at the next wash... your hair was smooth like butta?

ThursdayGirl said:
ok so... what exactly did you do with it? You just combed out with it...and left it in? Then at the next wash... your hair was smooth like butta?

Yep! It's a leave-in! :)

Every time I see a review of this stuff it's negative, but she does say you have to use it for a while.

Last edited:
I was just going to say the same thing....a liter thats all or nothing. How much if you just poor it in ma hand??

Hey BLOSSOM i'm glad to see that stuff is working out for you.But i can't see my self buying that HUGE JUG-A-LUG thing and not knowing if its gonna work on my head..........could they care to grow a SISTER a small 'lil sample or sumpin'.:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll think i'll e-mail her and inquire about it.

If there were an option to buy smaller size I would buy now. Since it's big and so much money I have to wait to see if I'm going to keep some things, throw away or give them away to make room for staples.

Back