HAD A HAIRCUT

Nanyanika

I posted ealier this week, regarding an appointment today with a stylist to straighten and trim my hair. When she finshed straightening she showed me the mirror and I was so shocked the ends were thin looking and split but my hair was very close to my waist.I prefer healthy hair as opposed to thin hair so I told her to cut it off. now my hair is a little above brastrap. its much more healthier looking now. Sadly, It'll be a while before I reach my goal
frown.gif
I wouldn't mind any uplifting words to keep me focused. I will post my pictures on Sunday.

Edited to say:Just wanted to announce, my new stylist complimented my hair. she said that overall it is very healthy, she just suggests that i make sure i trim the ends after every relaxer.

im sorry den1, im sure with all your methods and technique you will reach beautiful waist length hair. i hope you are doing well! XX
kiss.gif

Hugs to you Den1. You're in good company though, a lot of us are in your shoes, so you have a big ol' support group!!

Thanks Skegeesmb, I'm gonna need all the support I can get, I've never had my hair cut before, still trying to get over my decision.

You and your hair are still beautiful. I'm sure you'll reach waistlength in no time and you're still my hair inspiration. Good luck and blessings to you.

Hi Den1, the way you care for your hair it will grow back sooner than you think. Perhaps adding Biotin to your vitamin list will help you. I will walk down that road soon. I'm seriously thinking about getting a texturizer (mild lye relaxer) and i will go get it professionally done. I'm already getting scared because i fear the dreaded trim. Anyway, Denise I know your hair is beautiful, I can't wait to see your pictures. Include some pictures also of your texturized hair. Keep focus and happy hair growing.

Hi Den1, I'm sure your hair will grow back like wildfire. I wanted to ask a question because I have been considering trying out Robin's (the hair lady) technique but was concerned about the heat on the ends with foil method. Do you think this may have had anything to do with your ends being in the condition they were in? I don't know if you even follow that part of her regime but if you do, your opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Don't be surprised if you find out that your newly cut hair behaves better in a sense.
smile.gif
Once those split ends are gone, your hair will be so happy! That length will be back before yuh know it.
wink.gif

Hi asha, I haven't done the ends sealing technique in ages, I think I will return to this as it helped to keep moisture on the ends. Remember I had a corrective relaxer 7-8 weeks ago that's when I noticed my ends were playing up bad.

Thanks for the response Den, I would really like to try the ends sealing technique as I think the premise behind it sounds good. I'm just afraid of heat.

Asha don't worry it'll be okay, just put a good oil on the ends and wrap hair ends with foil, and cautiously clamp over with a medium heat flat-iron for a few seconds.

Den, you have always and still are an inspiration. Wishing you all the best in your hair growth journey. Can't wait to see your pics.

[ QUOTE ]
fancypants007 said:
Hi Den1, the way you care for your hair it will grow back sooner than you think. Perhaps adding Biotin to your vitamin list will help you. I will walk down that road soon. I'm seriously thinking about getting a texturizer (mild lye relaxer) and i will go get it professionally done. I'm already getting scared because i fear the dreaded trim. Anyway, Denise I know your hair is beautiful, I can't wait to see your pictures. Include some pictures also of your texturized hair. Keep focus and happy hair growing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel much better getting rid of those ends. it was the first time i've had a professional trim.

I tried biotin before and i didn't notice any extra growth. After seeing Megonw amazing growth i'm back on high protein, I'll be surging daily and doing the crown and glory method
grin.gif

Den1 you'll be back where you were in no time. I can't wait to see your pictures and you are 100% right about healthy hair being better. You made the right choice!

Hi Den1
Bra strap is still
shocked.gif
and I'm sure your hair is still lovely and thick. You will be back to waist length in no time at all.

You made a difficult but good decision. Your hair was so healthy and it was growing so fast. The end were the oldest part of your hair that maybe hadnt been taken care of as well as the other had been.

Ive learned so much about taking care of my hair from you and others on this board and my hair has grown soooo fast!! Im sure your hair will be waist length in no time!!!

wave.gif
Den1, you will gain those inches back soon because this is an excellent time of year for a hair cut. The Spring Equniox(sp). You are suppose to cut your hair the shortest this time of year and it's suppose to grow back quickly. I've always done a good cut this time of year anyway because hair has a tendency to grow faster this time of year and all through Summer. I plan on cutting a couple of inches myself next Monday - March 29th.

Funnily enough I was reading about this at my hairdresser's today. This magazine stated that Spring is the best time for a cut. I also had mine trimmed last week (my last one was Sep 2003). So great minds think alike
smile.gif

WOW guys. Its really inspiring to hear that. I'm 8 weeks post touch-up and I have two inches of growth. If my hair continues to grow like this and I keep my hair in a baggie, well you never know.

Back