Gym Hair

So ladies...do you wear your hair in a ponytail or tie it up w/a scarf?

I just started working out and Im trying not 2 let my hair interfere with my fitness...

So ladies...do you wear your hair in a ponytail or tie it up w/a scarf?

I just started working out and Im trying not 2 let my hair interfere with my fitness...

Kudos to you. I know so many women won't work about because they are afraid of their hair not looking good. And while I understand that...I want to be in good health for a long long time and preserving a pressout is not worth it to me. One of the reasons I protective style is so that I can work out more. I'm currently rocking cornrows and before that it was braids.

I'm currently in a weave, but when its my own hair out...I just pin it up and go. If I wear a scarf, my hair will look like I washed it!!! Soaking wet..

I just put it in a bun or pony and KIM. I don't apply direct heat to my hair so I don't care about puttin a scarf on. Heck, after I workout, I spend almost 20-25 minutes in the steam room!!

after experiencing a lot of breakage with ponytails, i now pin my hair in a bun. and i run at the gym and it still stays in place. i use about 20 good quality bobbypins with the double coated ends (from Sally's)

my hair is soaked by the time i leave. if i can't wash it that same day, i use a satin scarf to tie it down before i leave. this compresses the edges so that it's somewhat of a polished look.

it's working out pretty good so far. i workout 3 days a week and sometimes go to the library afterwards. i'll wear my scarf over my head and put my jogging suit hood (hoody) over it.

eta. the only reason i don't wear a scarf during the workout is that it holds in heat. i also sweat like crazy and it would probably fall off.

Last edited:
Back