Guys who lie about what they do

Its silly in a respect! But some women are doing their research, looking for those professions seeking out types of guys in those roles, because quite honestly they may have a different perspective on dating, but each individual is different which is why it is silly!

It's usually dudes who really don't have to worry about gold diggers worrying about gold diggers.

I don't like lying so this is a big NO for me

It's usually dudes who really don't have to worry about gold diggers worrying about gold diggers.

I don't like lying so this is a big NO for me
You are right, then again there are those guys who do not have much going for self! which is why they keep up the lie... gosh why is dating so hard, or why am I making it that way!

I am trying to get to know you and your already trying to play some type of game? No way, these kind of guys are the ones who will be trying to test you throughout the relationship.

I am trying to get to know you and your already trying to play some type of game? No way, these kind of guys are the ones who will be trying to test you throughout the relationship.

Exactly! I brought it up because I was watching that male online dating show and this orthopedic surgeon was telling people he's a repairman, I was like oh please, so you don't want women to know but here you are broadcasting the information on a reality show??? :rolleyes:

So unnecessary :lol:

Tests and games poison relationships with cynicism, I believe. If you don't trust me enough to tell me the truth from the start, then you're telling me you have too much baggage to be with me. Self-importance is also a turnoff. Unless you're Prince Hakim with millions of dollars in the bank, you better not lie and then expect a gasp of awestruck surprise when you make the "big" reveal. You might get your feelings hurt at the sight of my yawn.

Notice how some guys want to act as if their accomplishments in life shouldn't matter, and yet they are the first to talk about how women need to look like they "take care of themselves" physically? I'd be more likely to sympathize with golddigger-phobes if their own standards didn't mirror those of the women they judge.

Last edited:
My friend was on OKC and this dude said the he was the rat at Chucky Cheese. Like actually wore the rat costume :ohwell::lol::blush: She was like "are you serious" and he said he was.

We're not sure if that was a screening attempt, but at any rate, I think it's stupid for a man to do so. I would actually think he was paranoid if I found out a man lied to me about his profession.

I would actually think he was paranoid if I found out a man lied to me about his profession.

That or at worst I would have some serious trust issues throughout the relationship and just gonna have to call it quits. I really don't handle lying well in my relationships. I need to be able to have some solid trust to build my life with him should we look into getting married.

I had a guy do this with me but with a car. I met him and he was driving a little car. . .an old sentra I think it was. After a little time of dating and me passing his test that I didn't even realize I was taking he started picking me up in his S550. He was THE most selfish man I ever dated so it didn't last long. Dudes that do this have some kind of hang up about getting "got".

I had a guy do this with me but with a car. I met him and he was driving a little car. . .an old sentra I think it was. After a little time of dating and me passing his test that I didn't even realize I was taking he started picking me up in his S550. He was THE most selfish man I ever dated so it didn't last long. Dudes that do this have some kind of hang up about getting "got".

Most of them that do that are are that way. Pathetic.

That is some ugly behavior. :nono: Guys who fear all womenkind is out to "get" them need to just stay home and be single.

I just watched that Online Male dating episode and I think it's completely stupid for the orthopaedic surgeon to rule that girl out just because she didn't like that he lived with his friend and his girlfriend. Is he serious? That makes him look like a loser. He's saying she didn't pass the test because of that? He wants a woman with no standards then.

I can understand not wanting a golddigger but you have to take the time to weed them out. The average woman doesn't want a loser either.

I'm finding a lot of men are throwing out tests like these and it's dumb because they're weeding out the wrong ones.

LOL I remember I had guy lie to me about his job when he had a perfectly decent job with benefits. He told me that he was a manager to his friend who was in the NFL SMDH...he actually worked for the sheriffs dept.

I just watched that Online Male dating episode and I think it's completely stupid for the orthopaedic surgeon to rule that girl out just because she didn't like that he lived with his friend and his girlfriend. Is he serious? That makes him look like a loser. He's saying she didn't pass the test because of that? He wants a woman with no standards then. I can understand not wanting a golddigger but you have to take the time to weed them out. The average woman doesn't want a loser either. I'm finding a lot of men are throwing out tests like these and it's dumb because they're weeding out the wrong ones.

I just watched this episode and the chemistry btwn his best friend's gf and him was really strange. How could the best friend not notice it lol.

I just watched this episode and the chemistry btwn his best friend's gf and him was really strange. How could the best friend not notice it lol.

I was talking about that episode with my girlfriend and she said that it all went over my head. She said it was obvious that they were swingers. I never thought of that but I was thinking that the guy was definitely crushing on his best friend's girl. And the girl seemed too concerned with picking his girlfriend. And the best friend seemed too quiet and ok with everything. So yeah, they probably were swingers.

Back