Guess what?? My natural hair is the BOMB!!!

lovelymissyoli

Okay so it’s official…I’m going natural….again!!! :) Or at least I’ll be transitioning for a while until I have a substantial amount of new growth on my head!

What brought about my sudden decision??? I owe it all to the 2 months of new growth on my head! My hair has been relaxed since I was 11 months, at the decision of my parents I might add, so a relaxer is all I know. Anyways, I've discovered that I absolutely love my natural hair texture --- it's much more versatile and stronger than my relaxed hair!

Lately I’ve been experimenting with new styles on my hair and can’t stand the fact that my relaxed hair snaps, snags, and snips off at the slightest touch or gentlest comb. :mad: Also, I want to wear my hair curly more often, without the help of perm rods and setting solution and my natural hair is just the right texture to achieve that same look.

My last relaxer was on 1/7/2005 and from that point on I’m going to remain relaxer free! I plan to cut my relaxed ends of gradually though trims and then one final chop when I can pull it back into a low ponytail.

So in conclusion, wish me luck! :p

ETA: A few pics are in my album.

Last edited:
Congrats, on going natural!!! I've just started a speedy growth challenge for transitioners, your welcome to join if your interested.

Last edited:
[font=Comic Sans MS said:
What brought about my sudden decision??? I owe it all to the 2 months of new growth on my head! My hair has been relaxed since I was 11 months, at the decision of my parents I might add, so a relaxer is all I know. Anyways, I've discovered that I absolutely love my natural hair texture --- it's much more versatile and stronger than my relaxed hair! [/font] [

Congrats on going natural, you will love it. You have been getting relaxed since 11 months or 11 years old?

Congratulations LovelyMiss!!! :clap:

Welcome to the transitioning club! :grin: I love your natural texture too! :yep: I love my natural hair texture too and it's much more stronger than my relaxed hair. Best wishes to ya' and take care!

Happy Hair Growing!!! :antlers:

cincybrownsugar said:
Congrats on going natural, you will love it. You have been getting relaxed since 11 months or 11 years old?

11 months!! Yep! My mother told me that I wouldn't sit still and have my hair combed and when I would, all I would do was cry, so my parents decided they should just relax my hair. I too young! :(

Oh, God. So young. I hope it was at least a very mild relaxer. Congrats on joing the transitioning club.

lovelymissyoli said:
11 months!! Yep! My mother told me that I wouldn't sit still and have my hair combed and when I would, all I would do was cry, so my parents decided they should just relax my hair. I too young! :(

lovelymissyoli said:

oh my gosh! and you didnt burn? i guess the relaxer was invented for scalps like yours.

lovelymissyoli said:

Oh lovelymissyoli, that realy was not good. :nono: I know you're okay now but your story really makes me sad.:cry3:I thought it was bad to have memories of your kinks being pressed but to have no memories. You deserve probably more than anyone I know to see your natural hair. This time you can do it. We are all here for you and will give you as much support as you need. When you finish transitioning you will be so happy and absolutely in love with your natural hair.:love:

11 months!!! Oh my!!! Well, congrats on transitioning. Honestly, times may get hard and you might get frustrated some days, but hang in there! You'll get through it. I couldn't imagine being without my puff again!! Just look at some of the natural's albums and you'll be inspired to hang on!

I would like to add that you should also read their how to in the hair albums. Some people have some great directions that would have help me early on. Look at my hair inspiration thread for suggestions on good albums to go to.

I am so sorry that you were relaxed from such a very young age but look forward to hearing all about your transition and someday your official return to your naptural tresses. Good luck on your transistion you know we are all here to help in whatever way we can :kiss:

congrats on your decision. I,too tried to go natural/texturizer previously. Now, that I am relaxer free I wouldn't have it any other way. There are days when I struggle, but they pass and then I am happy with my choice. Good luck to you and know that you have love and support right here .

Back