GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Thanks for your input:yep: I used to use Nizoral. It was ok for a while. Wouldn't use it now. I guess the man upstairs wants me to go natural cuz had no flakes until I relaxed. He's gonna have to wait cuz Im not ready to transition just yet. lol Guess its back to old faithful-sulfur 8.

:), I understand especially if you are at your goal. Some ladies with sensitive scalps have had success with Phyto-relaxers ---have you looked in to that one?

I use it on mu scalp sometimes, too, lol. I had a friend in college who had psoriasis and the Olive Oil and Carrot Oil moisturizers helped her out a great deal. So did the ORS Replenishing Conditioner. What moisturizers do yo use (besides the one in your siggy?) Better yet, what's your regimen? :grin:

LOL I just chelate (kenra) and use porosity control as needed. I shampoo with diluted shampoo by Kenra. DC with Kenra. Rinse out shampoo and conditioner 5 times on my scalp with a nozzled bottle filled with water. I detangle with just for me I use nexus as a leave in. I dry under the pibbs and then lightly blow dry while my hair is very moisturized (nexxus), and then flat iron with IC heat protectant. I moisturize twice a day with the stuff in my siggy and pin curl at night. Thats about it. Every time I wash my hair I lift any flakes with a comb first. I had no dandruff for the past 5 weeks, it wasn't until the creamy crack that it returned with a vengeance. The chelated shampoo may be another factor as well.

:), I understand especially if you are at your goal. Some ladies with sensitive scalps have had success with Phyto-relaxers ---have you looked in to that one?

I have read about it. I know one of out members went on an online strike against it lol but I haven't really considered it honestly. Maybe I'll do a little research on it tonight.

I have the same problems with a flaky scalp, and I never thought about it being my shampoos. I went and checked my shampoos after reading the first few posts on this thread and all of them have SLS or ALS... I might do an experiment and try shampoos that don't have those ingredients to see if I have any improvement in my flakes. If not, I guess I'll have to see a derm.

I was watching Good Morning America on Wednesday 3/5/08 and the lady from Prevention Magazine said that a good thing to do for a dry scalp with or without dandruff is to:

Dandruff

Douse it with a cup of antioxidant-packed green tea, which will naturally exfoliate dry flakes without dehydrating skin. Steep two bags of green tea in 1 cup hot water for 20 minutes to overnight. Once it has cooled, massage the strong tea into your scalp.

This and other tips are listed on ABC’s website under Home Remedies for Head-to-Toe Health.

HTH

Ladies it's not the relaxers flaking you scalp it's the clarifying and neutralizing shampoo that have sulfates in it. I'm tell you it's those damn sulfate!!!!!:nono:

Ladies it's not the relaxers flaking you scalp it's the clarifying and neutralizing shampoo that have sulfates in it. I'm tell you it's those damn sulfate!!!!!:nono:
LOL I hear ya lady. Do you mind sharing which clarifying shampoo it is that you switched to if you switched? I guess its impossible to avoid when neutralizing.

Back