Growth Goes Bye-Bye

curls4daze

I see my hair growing. I see that same growth go bye-bye from tangled hair. I tried taking my time, conditioners with slip, finger combing, denman brush........

My hair gets super tangled. I suffer breakage from detangling and handling my hair. Any tips would be helpful.

I wrote a review on the TEK brush ( i think its also called WIDU). http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=733191&highlight=atlien11

Changed the hair game for me regarding detangling. Its so much gentler than a Denam :grin:

CM0342TK_1.jpg

How often you wash your hair? I notice if I go longer than 1 week my hair will be more difficult to detangle, and longer than that... Yes I'm definitely losing some hair. Washing weekly manage my tangles well with an follow up bun.

I second the Tek brush. It's awesome! You can get it at TJ Maxx. Are you a heavy shedder? I ask because I am a heavy shedder and I've fought horrible tangles right up until I got pregnant then my hair was super easy to detangle because I was barely shedding. Now postpardum shedding is starting and the monster tangles are back. This time I'm armed with the Tek brush though.

How often you wash your hair? I notice if I go longer than 1 week my hair will be more difficult to detangle, and longer than that... Yes I'm definitely losing some hair. Washing weekly manage my tangles well with an follow up bun.

I agree. Type four high porosity hair needs to be saturated with water more than once a week. And if the hair is worn loose it needs to be saturated several times a week especially if your hair is too short to get it into a protective style. Water will help to soften your hair and also help with the tangles.

Best,
Almond Eyes

I wash every Saturday. I will look into the Tek brush. My hair is super thick....super course. I don't know if that has something to do with it.

I wash every Saturday. I will look into the Tek brush. My hair is super thick....super course. I don't know if that has something to do with it.

Your hair may need an additional wash besides weekly. And you will have to figure out how to do that either through water rinsing, co washing, shampoo and deep conditioner. My hair needs to be saturated daily in the shower. to keep the moisture going strong. I only detangle my hair in the shower with the water stream and I use my resin (bone comb). No problems. I stopped using conditioner to detangle my hair. I use conditioner to soften my hair and then when I wash it out completely, I use the warm water from the shower stream to detangle my hair.

Best,
Almond Eyes

When you wash your hair do you pile it up on top of your head and rub it and move it all around? If so stop that now! Before you wash put you hair in to sections (I do 4 sections) and clip them towards the end with a barrette; then wash your hair. Focus on massing the scalp with your finger tips, washing in between the parts. Keeping your hair in sections while washing does wonders to help preventing tangles. Also, once you've rinsed and are ready to apply conditioner keeping your hair in the sections makes it easier to apply conditioner w/o too much more manipulation because it's already in sections- and you can make sure you get all in and between the hair. Then when you rinse still in sections, you take each section at a time and divide into smaller sections and detangle using a wide tooth comb.

I see my hair growing. I see that same growth go bye-bye from tangled hair. I tried taking my time, conditioners with slip, finger combing, denman brush........

My hair gets super tangled. I suffer breakage from detangling and handling my hair. Any tips would be helpful.
Hi I don't know whether you have mastered your problem as yet. But I suffer from terrible tangles and shrinkage.

I've been reading the heavy sealing thread with grease. So I tried it last night with vaseline mixed with a little shea butter and coconut oil. I applied liquid leave in, moisturizing leave in conditioner then the vaseline mix on sopping wet hair, I noticed a difference immediately, I could almost detangle with my fingers I could not believe it lol. And today I spritzed reapplied conditioner and just a little more vaseline mix, and bam may hair is smooth soft detangled. I still can't believe it just by adding vaseline in my routine wow lol

It may also have something to do with your porosity OP. It doesnt sound like bad ends or poor detangling practices

Back