Growth aids for 2007

I will continue using Nioxin, Solaray Bamboo and Lenzi's Request:D!!

I will add Viviscal in January! And of course, my regular vitamin regimine.

Thanks for the bonnet info Longing4Length. I have seen the bonnet in both Sally's and Wal-Mart and questioned whether or not it really worked. By the way, your hair is simply gorgeous!!!

Last edited:
I only bought the WGO and Surge once a year ago and never bought again. I bought a second 32 ounce bottle of MTG in July, but will not be using MTG again...but not for any negative reason, just cutting down on products. On January first I made up a new batch of topical growth potion. I put in four ounces of Jamaica black castor oil, two ounces of coconut oil, powdered rosemary, nettle and sulfur and a few drops of tea tree and neem oil in an eight ounce bottle. I also added some cayenne extract. I like my new formula and with my personal challenge to massage my scalp four or five times a week, I hope to see more than a half inch of growth in some months. However, since I am retaining all that is growing, if I just get the six inches like I did last year, I will be perfectly happy. With regard to supps...I've been taking these same supplements for years and only added the biotin after I discovered the boards. I stopped taking it for about six months from June to December and resumed in January because I believe my metabolism slowed down when I stopped taking it. I don't really take supplements for hair growth, but for overall -- including hair -- health.

adw425 said:
I only bought the WGO and Surge once a year ago and never bought again. I bought a second 32 ounce bottle of MTG in July, but will not be using MTG again...but not for any negative reason, just cutting down on products. On January first I made up a new batch of topical growth potion. I put in four ounces of Jamaica black castor oil, two ounces of coconut oil, powdered rosemary, nettle and sulfur and a few drops of tea tree and neem oil in an eight ounce bottle. I also added some cayenne extract. I like my new formula and with my personal challenge to massage my scalp four or five times a week, I hope to see more than a half inch of growth in some months. However, since I am retaining all that is growing, if I just get the six inches like I did last year, I will be perfectly happy. With regard to supps...I've been taking these same supplements for years and only added the biotin after I discovered the boards. I stopped taking it for about six months from June to December and resumed in January because I believe my metabolism slowed down when I stopped taking it. I don't really take supplements for hair growth, but for overall -- including hair -- health.

Thanks for posting your recipe, it sounds good:)

I will continue to use mtg. I started almost three month ago and I still have over 75% left. I'm going to give it until it all gone to figure if I should continue to use it.

I will continue to take my vitamins, MSM and apply Sulfur mix to scalp once a week.

Would like to try WGO sometime this year.

I will continue taking my multi, and hair skin and nails vitamin. I just bought surge revitalizer 14 and the surge woogee cream for my nape and edges. We'll see how that goes.

angie10 said:
For the ladies that are not planing on using growth aids, are there any reason why?

I have never and still dont plan on using growth aids for my hair, they are not needed for growth and for the most part Ive never really seen proof of growth significant enough for me to want to try any.

I am not really sure I what I am going to do this year.

While I am in weaves/braids (I plan to do that until July), I am may use Surge alternating between a mixure that I have gotten good results from (shen min topical mixed with a bottle of Lotrimin AF topical solution).

I seem to only be able to deal with growth aids when my hair is in braids and weaves. When I am just wearing my own hair, all the aids seem to be too much of a chore/bother. I will just use oils or something after July. I do have a jar of Lenzi's request and some of Qhemet's pomades (sulfur and amla). I may start using those a few times a week after my Weave challenge ends in July.

I'm keeping all my growth aids for 2007. They all worked in 2006 so they better work in 2007 :D . I will continue using surge, my MTG replica, MN, and WGO. I will alternate them probably every three months. I am currently using surge and WGO.

Keepers: Multi-vit, hemp protein powder, Biotin 5mg, MSM, GNC Ultrahair, Vitashoppe flaxseed tabs, alternating with Natrol Omega Fish oil tabs, silica, Surge, Profectivs, ORS, homemade coconut/sage/rosemary.

Out: consistent MTG, Ramtirth bhrami oil{smells like pee-pee}, SOLARAY hair with L-cysteine{makes me itch}

Trials: MEGA-TEK avocado and Rebuilder

Wishlist: Local indigo

i am doing 3000mg biotin,MTG,Surge 14 and WGO.. I would like to add other things, but i am worried about adding anything else

After re reviewing old threads in my search for faster growth. I have decided to try Vitol hair pills. (Inspired by Ekomba) Like her GNC ultra does not seem to be working for me.

and Surge Hair revitalizer 14

I HAVE BEEN USING THE MN AND CAPZIUM CREAM FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS. I HAVE EXPERIENCED A LOT OF GROWTH. DUE TO ME TRYING TO IMPLEMENT A HEALTHIER STYLE I DID A ROLLER SET LAST WEEK SO I HAVE NOT STRAIGHTENED MY HAIR TO GET A TRUE MEASUREMENT. BUT I CAN TELL IN THE AMOUNT OF NEW GROWTH I HAVE. TO SEE HOW EFFECTIVE THIS MIXTURE IS, I GOT A PERM AND A DOMINICAIN BLOW OUT THE WEEKEND BEFORE I STARTED THIS MIXTURE. NORMALLY I CAN STRETCH MY PERMS, ESPECIALLY WITH THE DOMINICAIN BLOW OUTS. BUT SINCE STARTING THIS IT LOOKS AS IF I NEED A PERM ALREADY. (NO LIE)

MY HAIR GROWS IN VERY THICK, SO YOU CAN IMMAGINE HOW MY ROOTS ARE LOOKING NOW. AND I DARE GO TRY TO GET A BLOW OUT BECAUSE LAST TIME I WENT WITH A LOT OF NEW GROWTH FROM STRETCHING, SHE CHARGED ME EXTRA.

I AM LOVING THE GROWTH SPURT, BUT CAN SOMEONE PLEASE RECOMMEND SOMETHING TO HELP SOFTEN MY NEW GROWTH. I WOULD SAY THAT IS THE DRAW BACK WITH USING THIS MIXTURE. I HAVE SO MUCH NEW GROWTH, BUT IT IS VERY THICK.

I will be using castor oil, Eo's (rosemary, pepermint,sage ect) and my vitamins all yer long

I dropped sulfer products last year because I can't stand the way it smells

Keep

WGO
Black Castor Oil
Alma Oil
Prenatal Vitamins

Let Go

Biotin ( can't remember to take)
Surge

Back