growing out a perm

CAMDEN464

HI , I HAVE HAD MY HAIR PERMED EVER SINCE I WAS 5 ( AGAINST MY OWN WILL), I HAVE NATURAL TIGHT COILED HAIR ( TYPE 4A) AS OF NOW IT IS RELAXED AND AT MY SHOULDERS. I HAVE DECIDED TO LET IT GROW OUT NATURALLY. BUT I WANT MY CURLS TO BE LOOSER. SO I WAS TOLD EVENUTALLY I SHOULD TEXTURIZE THE NEW GROWTH. BASICALLY I AM ASKING FOR SOME ADVICE ON WHAT I SHOULD DO WITH MY HAIR. AND HOW TO MAKE IT GROW FASTER

Hello!
happy40.gif

I am not transitioning, however, you could get braids or try bantu knots to further aid you growing out your perm until you find out exactly what to do. You may not need to texturize your hair to "loosen" your curls. I found that w/the correct products, your curls will soften and loosen up on their own (depending on how coarse your hair is). Besides, do you really want to go from one chemical to another?

Anyhoo- I would also suggest visiting a natural hair care salon. They may have some more interesting suggestions on how to style your hair while transitioning.

Your hair will be at a very fragile stage b/c of the two textures. PLEASE find some moisturizing products so that you have no breakage. And I say find a style that requires very little handling on your part. This will help it to grow.

HTH!

Karonica, I'm telling you.... that KeraCare poo lays everything down on me! I am able to successfully stretch my relaxers w/this stuff!

I really believe that the right kind of poo, cond and styling aid like a serum will greatly loosen or at least soften curls and make them more manageable w/o the aid of chemicals. Serum, in partlicular, is a product that works wonders on damp curls: it gives it great shine and aids in achieving the sleek look on ponytails.

I use Kera Care poo, PN Color care cond (amazing slip!!!!) and a serum and my curls/waves BEHAVE!!!!
laugh.gif

Thanks.
smile.gif

I have really tight 4a coils too and was figuring how I could loosen them to a 3c or something without chemicals. I won't know until I'm natural for sure though.

Back