growing natural hair long

manhattan1381

Hey Ladies,
I know many of you are relaxed but I was wondering if anyone can tell me about other protective natural styles that doesn't include braids or twists or conrows. I can wear braids cuz my scalp has a bad attitude problem. So....I need something else besides twists. Thanks.

Manhattan1381

Ohhh...I think my hair is too puffy for head wraps..i used to wear them when i was relaxed...unless..i go the e. badu route...hmmm...

Thanks though

i am transistioning at the moment but do offer to you this wonderful website www.nappturality.com its strictly natural hair talk so i know they would love you also there is www.euronaps.com european based natural hair site both contain a wealth of information on natural hair
have you tried straw sets or even wash n go

Depending on how long your natural hair is, you can also do the phony-afro-puff-ponytails.

I was thinking of Ms. Badu when I mentioned the head wraps, too.

Thanks JamBrit...I am a member of nappturality.com but its lookin glike I will soon be getting addicted to euronaps. I haven't tried a strawset yet...but will do...do you know how to do one by the way.

a straw set is done by using drinking straws setting lotion and patients. basically the hair is wrapped around the straws like you would do with rollers. when hair is dry ot looks nice.

manhattan1381,

How long is your hair now...from root to tip?
If I knew how long your hair was it would help me come up with a few creative protective styles for your hair.

Girl, your hair is already a protective style.

As long as your natural hair doesn't brush against your collar you shouldn't have to worry about your ends getting damaged. I have a few protective styles in my album. Maybe that will help you come up with a few ideas.

I guess thought that with my hair being out all the time was damaging to it....I wear a puff the majority of the time. Anywho...Thanks ladies.. I appreciate your help.

I know you don't like doing braids. But i do braid outs to texturize and my hair and then pin it up in a french roll, or put it in a simple pony tail.

Back