GrowAfroHairLong

nadi1010

Senimoni-Thanks for the website, it is fantastic! I am excited to use her method for extensions...using the braid spray and infusium 23 on the scalp and braids to strengthen and mosturize. Has anyone used her method at all? Also, another question...she mentions how birth controls can result in malabsorption of nutrients and losing hair. I was put on orthtricyclin to control acne and hormones, does anyone know if this pill causes hair loss?
Thanks!!!:grin:

nadi1010 said:
Senimoni-Thanks for the website, it is fantastic! I am excited to use her method for extensions...using the braid spray and infusium 23 on the scalp and braids to strengthen and mosturize. Has anyone used her method at all? Also, another question...she mentions how birth controls can result in malabsorption of nutrients and losing hair. I was put on orthtricyclin to control acne and hormones, does anyone know if this pill causes hair loss?
Thanks!!!:grin:
I use Orthotricyclin and I have NO problems with hair loss. BTW, Welcome to LHCF!!!:wave: :band:

In reference to the BC question: It depletes B vitamins which may cause hairloss. Robin might suggest taking a B-Complex pill (which, by the way speeds up growth a little and helps you lose weight). I love The Crown and Glory Technique (I wash my hair in several loose plaits) and I contribute that to my growth and retaining length.

Thanks guys for your help! Well, I have been using a b-complex vitamin, so that should help, although it is reassuring to hear that you have not lost any hair lovechic. Anky, I noticed that your hair is quite long, so it makes sense to wash it in the Crown and Glory Technique, but my hair is boy-short. Is it still necessary?

I just wash my hair sections to prevent it from tangling. You might not have that problem yet but it becomes a pain when it gets longer. You'll see soon!

welcome newbie :wave: I LOVE the crown & glory method :grin: it's the only way I can get any lenght to my hair, and it workes wonders for me beacause I have the Hnh diease-( hand in hair diease) I hope it works well for you too :)

HAPPY HAIR GROWING,
CARLETTA :clapping:

anky said:
I just wash my hair sections to prevent it from tangling. You might not have that problem yet but it becomes a pain when it gets longer. You'll see soon!

SAY IT AGAIN GIRL ! I'm starting to have that problem :grin: :grin: :grin:

I think her method is great! I've seen really good growth following her program and when I take out my braids I don't have a lot of shedding or breakage...I've been following her program off and on but this year and next too, I will be more consistent. I will be braiding every 2 months and rest for like a month...that should be six sets of braids...I'm aiming for waistlengt, follow her method it works!:)

I used her method on my daughter and I must say it really works!!! My daughter hair length before using her technique was below ear length. After following her method it grew from ear length to above bra strap in about a year. I;m thinking about doing the braid system soon. Much success!!! Steph

I use her method, but I don't leave my own hair "out" for more than a month b/c I'm just itching to put it up in braids or weave by then. She has a great site and I like how she's so helpful. I've heard about Wanakee and Cathy Howse not being too helpful and friendly, but I could be wrong.

Back