GROW YOUR HAIR WITH L-CYSTEINE & EGGS CHALLENGE!

Girl 1 is fine too. I just said two cause I dunno it seemed like a good amount :lol: but yeah one is fine too-your still getting a dose of whole protein-and l cysteine :yep:

ok cool so your in too! This is gonna bring growth! are you gonna take the l-cysteine too?

Well, I'm out here in the wilds of west africa so don't think I can find any l-cysteine, but chicken egs are all ova the place for less than $1. And its all "free range organic" cuz no supermarkets (but's another thread. . .) LOL!

Perhaps when I get back stateside in september to re-stock up on stuff, I'll look for it -- I think my B-complex has some l-cystine already (gotta check that) and I'm learning to EAT my vitamins whenever possible -- its more fun than swallowing yet another pill. I already take daily:

B-Complex 100 plus C
C-Complex powder
MSM powder
Silica
Biotin

Well, I'm out here in the wilds of west africa so don't think I can find any l-cysteine, but chicken egs are all ova the place for less than $1. And its all "free range organic" cuz no supermarkets (but's another thread. . .) LOL!

Perhaps when I get back stateside in september to re-stock up on stuff, I'll look for it -- I think my B-complex has some l-cystine already (gotta check that) and I'm learning to EAT my vitamins whenever possible -- its more fun than swallowing yet another pill. I already take daily:

B-Complex 100 plus C
C-Complex powder
MSM powder
Silica
Biotin

oh ok then girl your good to go! Especially on the eggs :giggle: With the MSM your getting some sulfur and I think with the Biotin too (not sure on that one totally) You could also take Garlic as a substitute, not as much, but at least its another way to add more l-cysteine naturally! Your good on the Supplements! Do you take a Multi too? That would be good to add as well!

Last edited:
oh ok then girl your good to go! Especially on the eggs :giggle: With the MSM your getting some sulfur and I think with the Biotin too (not sure on that one totally) You could also take Garlic as a substitute, not as much, but at least its another way to add more l-cysteine naturally! Your good on the Supplements! Do you take a Multi too? That would be good to add as well!

OK, garlic all over the place too, what we eat is grown right here in the yard, so I'll just start increasing my intake. My DH eats fresh garlic all day long (uuummmm, we gonna have to do major restock on some altoids!). They pickle garlic and I haven't tried, but might now. :rolleyes:

Nah, I don't take a multi cuz *think* getting everything else by eating pretty fresh all the time here. Getting tons of A from fresh fruits so don't need to supplement there. I take the C powder to facilitate the MSM but getting lots of C in fruits too. Of course D from natural exposure (I sunblock like a MAD woman!). Minerals from the huge amount of fish and chicken (all fresh, free range, organic and very cheap!).

I do iron with C for one week during menses and get extra calcium in my C-complex everyday. I think I'm covered, but won't sleep on the multi when I'm restocking . . .

OK, garlic all over the place too, what we eat is grown right here in the yard, so I'll just start increasing my intake. My DH eats fresh garlic all day long (uuummmm, we gonna have to do major restock on some altoids!). They pickle garlic and I haven't tried, but might now. :rolleyes:

Nah, I don't take a multi cuz *think* getting everything else by eating pretty fresh all the time here. Getting tons of A from fresh fruits so don't need to supplement there. I take the C powder to facilitate the MSM but getting lots of C in fruits too. Of course D from natural exposure (I sunblock like a MAD woman!). Minerals from the huge amount of fish and chicken (all fresh, free range, organic and very cheap!).

I do iron with C for one week during menses and get extra calcium in my C-complex everyday. I think I'm covered, but won't sleep on the multi when I'm restocking . . .

Girl yeah you are covered! ok then your ready to go! :clap:

lol@ the altoids! but yes that will give you your extra l-cysteine! At least your DH is used to it and wont mind you eating it haha. I bet he is really healthy too! :yep:

I'm down for this challenge. I know when I was doing Body For Life for weightloss I ate "egg whites" several times a day. This is when my hair was at its best.

Good Challenge, thanks Iris:grin:

I'm down for this challenge. I know when I was doing Body For Life for weightloss I ate "egg whites" several times a day. This is when my hair was at its best.

Good Challenge, thanks Iris:grin:

Cool welcome aboard! I'll be starting to add everybody's name on the front page later today

are you going to take l-cysteine too? and are you doing any of the egg treatments?

Hi Iris,

I would like to join also. I am currently taking l-cysteine. So a challenge will just help me to stay on my regi.

Here is the list of my current vits.

L cysteine
Vitamin C 1000 mgs
MSM
I am only taking 500 mgs a day of l cysteine and I want to increase to 1000mgs. But I don't want to over do it. I don't really like eggs that much but I will try to increase those also. I am on a total body makeover mission. eta: I may start up on silica again. I've been kinda slacking. HHG ladies:grin:

Last edited:
Hi Iris,

I would like to join also. I am currently taking l-cysteine. So a challenge will just help me to stay on my regi.

Here is the list of my current vits.

L cysteine
Vitamin C 1000 mgs
MSM
I am only taking 500 mgs a day of l cysteine and I want to increase to 1000mgs. But I don't want to over do it. I don't really like eggs that much but I will try to increase those also. I am on a total body makeover mission. HHG ladies:grin:

hey girl! Cool welcome to the challenge. You should consider taking B complex along with it :yep: Also 3x the amount of l-cysteine for the Vitamin C , so go up to 1500mg. how long have you been taking it? The eggs are good for adding whole protein to your diet which also helps the L-Cysteine work better, so if you dont eat eggs, get other sources of protein in your diet, also consider taking a whole protein supplement. The reason Eggs are suggested is because they are perfect in that they are whole protein with nothing missing

Checking in... sorta :)

I hate eggs!!! :lol:

I plan on adding l-cysteine and vitamin C to my daily supplements. I'll get my butt down to the store probably on Mon or Tue.

Might even try eating some egg whites for breakfast a few times week. I can tolerate those sometimes.

Checking in... sorta :)

I hate eggs!!! :lol:

I plan on adding l-cysteine and vitamin C to my daily supplements. I'll get my butt down to the store probably on Mon or Tue.

Might even try eating some egg whites for breakfast a few times week. I can tolerate those sometimes.

cool Neith cant wait to see you grow! :grin:

do you take b complex already? if not grab them too

What brand of L-Cystiene is best? I think I want to join this challenge:yep: I have all the other vitamins, cept L-Cystiene...

Yep, I take them.
FREAKED me out when my pee pee turned neon yellow :lachen:

but no other complaints.

hehe bright yellow pee gotta love it! its the only way my pee has been for years! B's are good for so many things including your hair anyway. But it also works synergistically with the L-Cysteine! yup

so your good to go!

hey girl! Cool welcome to the challenge. You should consider taking B complex along with it :yep: Also 3x the amount of l-cysteine for the Vitamin C , so go up to 1500mg. how long have you been taking it? The eggs are good for adding whole protein to your diet which also helps the L-Cysteine work better, so if you dont eat eggs, get other sources of protein in your diet, also consider taking a whole protein supplement. The reason Eggs are suggested is because they are perfect in that they are whole protein with nothing missing

I just started taking them about 2 wks ago. Someone bumped a thread from a while ago so I figured I would give it a shot. Thanks for the info on the vit c I will increase that as well. I really don't like eggs plus I am so lazy in the mornings ( I hate getting out of bed), but I will go to the store and get some eggs this evening. I am almost apl and I am hoping to make it by my 1 yr anv.:yep:

What brand of L-Cystiene is best? I think I want to join this challenge:yep: I have all the other vitamins, cept L-Cystiene...

I'm going to be looking into ordering mine , I would suggest a well known brand like KAL, TWIN LABS etc. not sure if those exact brands make it, but lets go with a reputable manufacturer! If its a well known brand or top brand it should be fine!

I just started taking them about 2 wks ago. Someone bumped a thread from a while ago so I figured I would give it a shot. Thanks for the info on the vit c I will increase that as well. I really don't like eggs plus I am so lazy in the mornings ( I hate getting out of bed), but I will go to the store and get some eggs this evening. I am almost apl and I am hoping to make it by my 1 yr anv.:yep:

oh ok , so your still brand new kinda sorta! cool!

try to do the eggs as much as you can, some is better than none, if not take a whole protein supplement

I wont be joining this challenge but wanted to add ( along with my wishes of good luck) that I bought a Cystine treatment and plan to use it twice a week for 60 days and hope for results

http://www.nexxus.com/hair_care_bra...ystine_Treatment_fine_fragile_thinning_2.html

vt_cystinetrt.jpg

well actually its L-Cysteine we are going after, L Cystine is different

oh and also with the eggs you still get l cystine and all other amino acids! Because its whole protein! A cheaper way to go and it covers them all :yep:

although I'm sure that product from Nexxus is good in own right for its own reasons

Cool welcome aboard! I'll be starting to add everybody's name on the front page later today

are you going to take l-cysteine too? and are you doing any of the egg treatments?

Yes i will be taking L-Cysteine, as well as the egg treatments in moderation. My hair is sensitive to protein. I have used eggs on my hair before and loved the feel afterwards, but I got too excessive w/ those treatments and had a reverse effect of protein overload.

But egg white omelet is the best meal of choice for me, boiled eggs are convenient but they STANK!! .

Yes i will be taking L-Cysteine, as well as the egg treatments in moderation. My hair is sensitive to protein. I have used eggs on my hair before and loved the feel afterwards, but I got too excessive w/ those treatments and had a reverse effect of protein overload.

But egg white omelet is the best meal of choice for me, boiled eggs are convenient but they STANK!! .

how often did you do the treatments and what did they consist of and how long did you leave them on that lead to the overload? I'm asking because I want some idea of how much is ok or how much might be too much-knowing every head is different-just trying to keep this in a safe margin for everyone

so do you think weekly treatments for 10-15 minutes or every other week for 20-30 minutes might be too much, if so we need to adjust that for the challenge. I have never done this so I need to know, I figured my estimates were pretty safe, barring any other protein use, but I would value your input

how often did you do the treatments and what did they consist of and how long did you leave them on that lead to the overload? I'm asking because I want some idea of how much is ok or how much might be too much-knowing every head is different-just trying to keep this in a safe margin for everyone

so do you think weekly treatments for 10-15 minutes or every other week for 20-30 minutes might be too much, if so we need to adjust that for the challenge. I have never done this so I need to know, I figured my estimates were pretty safe, barring any other protein use, but I would value your input

Well come to mention it I was doing the treatment for about an hour or overnight and then using a protein based conditioner. So I think that may have lead to the overload. Now that I been on the board and researching better maintenance I realize i was doing too much

What I did w/ the eggs was, I would take two eggs put in olive oil, no specific measurment and added a little conditioner and slapped on a bag.

What I will do now is just take 1 egg, mix in olive oil and massage. I think 20 mins once a week would be good w/ a bag of course for deeper penetration. As long as I follow up w/ moisturizing conditioner and try to keep the other protein products out.

Does this sound ok?

BTW
Vitamins I am currently taking

Multi-Vitamin pak for women...not sure of all ingredients
MSM
Alta Silica
Omega 3 6 9
B Complex
Digestive Enzyme...better absorbtion of vitamins and proteins
Recently started back on "Great Hair" vitamins

Now I will add the L-Cysteine

Hope this isn't too much.

Well come to mention it I was doing the treatment for about an hour or overnight and then using a protein based conditioner. So I think that may have lead to the overload. Now that I been on the board and researching better maintenance I realize i was doing too much

What I did w/ the eggs was, I would take two eggs put in olive oil, no specific measurment and added a little conditioner and slapped on a bag.

What I will do now is just take 1 egg, mix in olive oil and massage. I think 20 mins once a week would be good w/ a bag of course for deeper penetration. As long as I follow up w/ moisturizing conditioner and try to keep the other protein products out.

Does this sound ok?

BTW
Vitamins I am currently taking

Multi-Vitamin pak for women...not sure of all ingredients
MSM
Alta Silica
Omega 3 6 9
B Complex
Digestive Enzyme...better absorbtion of vitamins and proteins
Recently started back on "Great Hair" vitamins

Now I will add the L-Cysteine

Hope this isn't too much.
ok so we are on track then .....yay! wanna make sure nobody has any protein problems. So I will keep it as it is and just add 'use a baggy'

I think your regimen is fine. Check your hair Vitamin to see if it has any L cysteine in it and if so how much? and add Vitamin C @ 3x the amount of L Cysteine

Ok will do...

how often are we updating?

I think taking pictures from the beginning and throughout are is another tip just to keep focus and see the results.

Back